PDA

View Full Version : Question on my s4

mrskullfreak
May 7, 2013, 10:53 AM
When making call and I want to hang up and take the phone away from my ear the screen dont come on.
I have to hit the power button so it wakes up then I can end the call.
I have looked for a setting but dont see one.
thx

MacRumorUser
May 7, 2013, 11:17 AM
When making call and I want to hang up and take the phone away from my ear the screen dont come on.
I have to hit the power button so it wakes up then I can end the call.
I have looked for a setting but dont see one.
thx

It certainly should do. It sounds like the proximtory sensor isn't working. Have you tried factory resetting?

mattopotamus
May 7, 2013, 12:09 PM
When you get a phone call are you doing other things and then you physically lock the screen? That could kind of disable it. I hope that makes sense....

For example if you answer a phone call and bring it to your ear, it should make the screen turn off or dark, then when you pull away it lights up.

However, if you answer the phone calll and then lock the screen yourself, it may disable the sensor. Since you actually locked the screen versus just letting the sensor darken the screen.

mrskullfreak
May 7, 2013, 02:48 PM
When you get a phone call are you doing other things and then you physically lock the screen? That could kind of disable it. I hope that makes sense....

For example if you answer a phone call and bring it to your ear, it should make the screen turn off or dark, then when you pull away it lights up.

However, if you answer the phone calll and then lock the screen yourself, it may disable the sensor. Since you actually locked the screen versus just letting the sensor darken the screen.

I had the turn off screen box unchecked I checked it and it work's