PDA

View Full Version : Syntax Error - help please! :(

Brradley
May 7, 2013, 03:00 PM
I found this applescript online that should remove finder from the dock on startup if I save it as an application and add it to login items. I go to save it and it says "Expected expression, property or key form, etc. but found unknown token." Can anyone help please? Thank you!

on run {input, parameters}

tell application “System Events” to tell UI element “Finder” of list 1 of process “Dock”
perform action “AXShowMenu”
click menu item “Remove from Dock” of menu 1
end tell

return input
end run

kryten2
May 7, 2013, 03:59 PM
I found this applescript online that should remove finder from the dock on startup if I save it as an application and add it to login items. I go to save it and it says "Expected expression, property or key form, etc. but found unknown token." Can anyone help please? Thank you!

tell application “System Events” to tell UI element “Finder” of list 1 of process “Dock”
perform action “AXShowMenu”
click menu item “Remove from Dock” of menu 1
end tell

return input
end run

Try this :

tell application "System Events" to tell UI element "Finder" of list 1 of process "Dock"
perform action "AXShowMenu"
click menu item "Remove from Dock" of menu 1
end tell

return input
end run

Brradley
May 7, 2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your help but I get this error message with your code? :(

kryten2
May 7, 2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your help but I get this error message with your code? :(

You can save this in Automator as an application with a Run Applescript action.
In Applescript Editor as an application by removing the {input, parameters} part in the on run handler.

on run
tell application "System Events" to tell UI element "Finder" of list 1 of process "Dock"
perform action "AXShowMenu"
click menu item "Remove from Dock" of menu 1
end tell
end run