Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milky23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
I see Apple seems to be halting production on their original single buttom Pro Mouse. Why is this? I've grown rather fond of it and prefer it to the clunky Mighty Mouse. I don't like how the Mighty Mouse required me to lift my left finger in order for it to register a right click. Anyone else find that to be a problem? I only used it briefly at CompUSA but left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyone know where I can find the originals?

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I would check Apple retailers on the web or Comp USA I'm sure they still have some of the original Apple Pro mice in stock.

Apple is still selling the single-button Bluetooth mouse as well. I have an Apple wireless mouse that I no longer use, if you want I'll sell it to you. I used it for about two months, but could never get used to the one-button, no scroll-wheel thing. It's in excellent condition. I've been meaning to post it in the Market Place forum but I've been too lazy and haven't taken pics, etc. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. </end tangent>

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I also only used a mighty mouse briefly, but I believe it can be used identically to the pro mouse.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
Chaszmyr said:
I also only used a mighty mouse briefly, but I believe it can be used identically to the pro mouse.
Oh, I had forgotten about that - you can configure it to work like a one-button mouse.

milky23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
Oh! Well in that case, very good. Sorry, feakbeak, I don't think I'll be needing it :) Thanks anyway. I appreciate the response.

Also, as I only had a short amount of time to work with the Mighty Mouse, am I correct in that observation that the left finger must not be in contact with the mouse when attempting to perform a right click?

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
Yes, you do need to lift your index finger a bit to right-click. I happen to do this naturally, so it is not an issue for me. Try it out in the store to see if it is a problem for you. You can try to observe how you right-click on a traditional mouse, but don't focus on it much or you'll click differently than you normally do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.