PDA

View Full Version : Pictures From Old NeXT Brochure!

wesclayt
Jul 17, 2001, 08:17 AM
You guys have got to check this out!

http://www.newblackcity.com/next-brochure/index.html

I scanned in an old NeXT brochure that we found lying around the house...and there are some remarkable similarities to parts of MacOSX. Who ever said that the "dock" was a new thing? Well, it is not a new thing...just check out the pictures and the text from this brochure.

Incase of bandwidth limitations at newblackcity.com, I am going to try to post the site to my itools account. So, if you are having trouble with the link above, check back in a bit for another link.

Enjoy!

Wes

blakespot
Jul 17, 2001, 08:23 AM
Mac OS X is based on NeXTSTEP, the operating system developed by NeXT. When Apple acquired NeXT at the end of '97, it was to use their OS as the core of the future MacOS.

Rhapsody, an interrem between NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X basically is the latest version of NeXTSTEP, the structure is so similar. OS X is very much like NeXTSTEP in structure, but some pieces of the EOL'd Copeland OS project were brought in, with new GUI enhancements, etc.

But yes, there's no mistaking it, OS X is overall the most recent incarnation of NeXTSTEP.

blakespot