PDA

View Full Version : Free iCal Server

Padrote
Dec 16, 2002, 01:25 PM
Check this website out. www.icalx.com. They will host your iCal calendars for free. It's a great service. They can do both private and public calendars.

**** New Powerbook G4 867, Thank you Santa! ****

BenderBot1138
Dec 16, 2002, 02:01 PM
iCal is da Sh**natz! EAT MY ORGANIZATION MS! Hmmm what do we have on Tuesday... ahhh... that's right... Dis MS for inability to make really cool stuff!

Also... Dude... you're going to have to buy an OS!

:cool:

Megaquad
Dec 17, 2002, 04:15 PM
I gave up on iCal while ago.. it stopped launching for me and then when i reinstalled it in a while it happend again. Besides its so sloooow.
I'm not using it until Apple realizes they cant make such slow apps..
Hell its slow even on fast machines!

Macette
Dec 17, 2002, 05:42 PM
yep. it's really slow. i feel abandoned as a G3 user... i mean, it's exactly the kind of app which should work properly on an ibook, since it's free and relatively simple. and yet it is crapfully slow.

however, I'm sticking with it. maybe it will improve?

alex_ant
Dec 18, 2002, 01:45 AM
I just started using iCal recently and I agree with the slowness sentiments. And this is on a 550MHz G4. Resizing the window happens at about 1 fps. I hope QE accelerates more graphic functions such as this in 10.3.

Speed aside, iCal is an absolutely brilliant program. In my opinion it's the best iApp. The interface is powerful enough to allow you to do just about everything you need to, yet it's amazingly simple and intuitive to the point where you don't have to read any manuals or tutorials to be able to understand it instantly. It's also gorgeous looking. iCal is Apple software design at its best (from a human interface point of view).

Features I'd like to see:

- Ability to stay open in the Dock when its window is closed (to show reminders etc.)
- Big speed boost
- Ability to reverse the axes in week view so that days are on the y and times are on the x
- That's about it.

(Whoops, sorry to go off topic.)

backspinner
Dec 18, 2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by alex_ant Features I'd like to see:
* weeks starting with monday in all views
* events spanning multiple days
* no more "hanging update" bug
* remember screen position
* resize calendar list width

Padrote
Dec 18, 2002, 10:55 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I have had no problems with iCal in regards to speed, performance, and functionality. Of course it used on a Powerbook 867 with 768MB of RAM.

superkatalog
Dec 18, 2002, 04:48 PM
i use ical on my 550 tibook with 768 mb ram and it's incredible slow! i can't understand that. apart from that i think it's a great app. i'm courious about the update...

Megaquad
Dec 21, 2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by superkatalog
i use ical on my 550 tibook with 768 mb ram and it's incredible slow! i can't understand that. apart from that i think it's a great app. i'm courious about the update...
Sorry but it is known that 550 MHz Powerbook is maybe slowest Powerbooks ever made! 500 MHz one is faster then it! And it has crappy graphics also, something more rageish then radeon. Maybe it even doesn't use QE as some people have reported (but I dont know if its isolated case).