PDA

View Full Version : Will ipad 3 get the same features as the ipad 4

dave8209
May 8, 2013, 02:04 PM
I like many others got my iPad 3 not Knowing a new model of the iPad would be coming out towards the end of year. Butthe iPad 3 and the iPad 4 are almost the same with the exception of the a6x chip. Do you think That Apple will give us the same features to the 3 customers as it will to the 4 customers?

maflynn
May 8, 2013, 02:06 PM
Who knows, they should but since apple does not really release any information beforehand, its all conjecture at this point

tmanto02
May 9, 2013, 06:29 AM
I hope so :)

cobbyco
May 9, 2013, 11:12 AM
I think it probably will, even though its now discontinued. Though the iPad 2/mini will probably be missing a few of iOS 7's new features.

rapicell
May 9, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm sure apple will make up some foolish reason as to why it can't get so and so feature, but overall it should be able to get 95% of whatever is coming

nycmi
May 9, 2013, 11:19 AM
I think it probably will, even though its now discontinued. Though the iPad 2/mini will probably be missing a few of iOS 7's new features.

What does the full iPad run that the iPad Mini can't?

cobbyco
May 9, 2013, 11:23 AM
The iPad 2 and mini are essentially the same device with the same processor etc., so can run the same things. That's why if the iPad 2 is missing a feature in iOS 7, so will the iPad mini.

The 3rd and 4th gen iPads both have much more powerful processors so can handle more intensive tasks, and so can have better OS features.

As of iOS 6 they can all pretty much do the same things (exception of Siri, but that's not a hardware issue on the iPad 2.)

teknikal90
May 10, 2013, 11:38 AM
The iPad 2 and mini are essentially the same device with the same processor etc., so can run the same things. That's why if the iPad 2 is missing a feature in iOS 7, so will the iPad mini.

ipad mini has siri, ipad 2 doesnt.

cynics
May 10, 2013, 12:55 PM

The 3rd and 4th gen iPads both have much more powerful processors so can handle more intensive tasks, and so can have better OS features.

As of iOS 6 they can all pretty much do the same things (exception of Siri, but that's not a hardware issue on the iPad 2.)

Not really though.

There are games that have graphics removed on the iPad 3 that are on the iPad 2.

You need to take into account screen size and resolution. If you have 2x the resolution but only 1.5x the processing power the device can be slower when utilizing the screen to its fullest.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the iPad 3 dropped prior to the 2. The obvious reason is the iPad 2 is still for sale, apple won't drop support for a device that's still selling. Best case (for iPad 3 owners myself included) is support will be dropped for the iPad 3 and less at the same time eventually just so we do t get burned again.

Apple is currently testing out their new 32nm A5 processor in select iPad 2's (no way to tell which you are getting when you buy new) so I think it will be around for a while longer. Unlike the iPad 3 which is already gone for good.

pod5g
May 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
Not really though.

There are games that have graphics removed on the iPad 3 that are on the iPad 2.

You need to take into account screen size and resolution. If you have 2x the resolution but only 1.5x the processing power the device can be slower when utilizing the screen to its fullest.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the iPad 3 dropped prior to the 2. The obvious reason is the iPad 2 is still for sale, apple won't drop support for a device that's still selling. Best case (for iPad 3 owners myself included) is support will be dropped for the iPad 3 and less at the same time eventually just so we do t get burned again.

Apple is currently testing out their new 32nm A5 processor in select iPad 2's (no way to tell which you are getting when you buy new) so I think it will be around for a while longer. Unlike the iPad 3 which is already gone for good.

They won't do that because there's no reason to. Example, iPod touch 3G was discontinued in September 2010, but it still got iOS 5, which released in late 2011.

ppeyton1143
May 21, 2013, 08:54 AM
both devices are almost same, ipad3 should get all the features but only apple can confirm that so, you'll have to wait till apple releases iOS7.

Ultra AleM
May 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
It's not sure. Apple is about marketing and selling. They didn't put Siri on iPhone 4 because of money, not because it could not handle it.

Who knows.

adder7712
May 21, 2013, 06:42 PM
Hopefully, the came out in the same year.

cynics
May 21, 2013, 06:43 PM
They won't do that because there's no reason to. Example, iPod touch 3G was discontinued in September 2010, but it still got iOS 5, which released in late 2011.

Unless there is a reason too. We don't know what iOS 7 will be like. As an iPad 3 owner it's lacking processing power with its retina display though.

I agree though. It should get iOS 7, I'll be extremely surprised if it doesn't.

spyguy10709
May 21, 2013, 07:00 PM
It's not sure. Apple is about marketing and selling. They didn't put Siri on iPhone 4 because of money, not because it could not handle it.

Who knows.

It actually was because Apple has to pay a license fee of ~$9 per device for Siri's VR technology. They built that into the price of the 4S, and 5 - but do you think apple is going to pay that for all of their previous customers? (Apple is publicly owned, you know...)