PDA

View Full Version : [phones] Samsung Galaxy S4 Randomly takes photos! Bug? Defect?

soulreaver99
May 9, 2013, 04:31 PM
I don't know if my phone is defective or if this a bug/feature but it's really annoying. My Galaxy S4 takes photos randomly even when I don't tap the screen or press anything. It happens most often when I switch from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape. Do you guys have this problem too? Thanks!

Here's a video of my recreating the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGOx9XPOrJc&feature=youtu.be

fr4c
May 9, 2013, 04:38 PM
Is there some sort of gesture-control built within TouchWiz that does that? Sorry I'm not familiar with all the capabilities that they baked into the new S4.

If not perhaps try a factory reset? Because that is pretty bizarre.

soulreaver99
May 9, 2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah I reset this a couple of times already and I have all the gestures turned off.

fr4c
May 9, 2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah I reset this a couple of times already and I have all the gestures turned off.
From the video it looks like you're using the stock camera app (I was going to say maybe a rogue 3rd party camera app issue). Perhaps its time for a replacement/swap?

captain kaos
May 9, 2013, 04:45 PM
When I had the s3 it would do the same. It's the voice activated shutter that takes a shot of you say "cheese, or snap". Unfortunately other noises around the camera also makes it take a shot. If you can see a little head icon then that option is switched on.

Chodite
May 10, 2013, 07:52 PM
On a related note, any way to change the the Camera from automatically recording as soon as I switch to Video mode?

Tinmania
May 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
Random thoughts as to why this could be...

Volume keys set to take photo.

Voice set to take photo.

Smile shot set.

Possessed.

Michael

soulreaver99
May 12, 2013, 12:23 AM
I have all of the stupid fancy gesture and voice commands turned off and it was still doing it.

I changed the volume button to take photos instead of zoom and I think that sort of fixed it.

adder7712
May 12, 2013, 06:51 AM

Voice set to take photo.

Smile shot set.

Possessed.

Michael
I think it's possessed. :D

Chodite
May 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
My original S4 had to be returned due to quirky camera behavior, including upside-down uploaded photos and videos, the Gallery menu (play, pause, etc.) not disappearing, etc. Since the swap, no problems. I'd return yours.

VulchR
May 12, 2013, 08:03 AM

Voice set to take photo.

Smile shot set.

Possessed.
l

You forgot 'FBI' and 'NSA". :p