PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors got it right when it said the iPod wouldn't sell

Batman89
May 9, 2013, 04:45 PM
And we'll get it right again when we say that iOS7 going flat is going to be a huge disaster.

You just watch.

jacobss
May 9, 2013, 05:01 PM
1qP-NglUeZU

GoCubsGo
May 9, 2013, 05:05 PM
Another analyst coming out of the woodwork.

Shrink
May 9, 2013, 05:07 PM
Wow, good one, Bro.:cool:

I'll sure be watching!:rolleyes:

johnnnw
May 10, 2013, 09:10 PM
I'll estimate this iOS has the most updates ever ;)People are gonna love it.

Beeplance
May 10, 2013, 09:18 PM
Just another ranter without clear statistics to back up his own claim.

moderngamenewb
May 15, 2013, 08:33 PM
Here's the MacRumors iPod announcement article. So funny seeing all the negative posts about it 12 years later. The iPod sure has come a long way since being introduced at 5Gb $399

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

AQUADock
May 16, 2013, 08:25 AM
Here's the MacRumors iPod announcement article. So funny seeing all the negative posts about it 12 years later. The iPod sure has come a long way since being introduced at 5Gb $399

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

The comments are hilarious, bet they feel silly now.

Simplicated
May 16, 2013, 08:27 AM

Comments on the original iPhone and iPad are already silly. Can't wait to see that happens to iOS 7

AQUADock
May 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
Comments on the original iPhone and iPad are already silly. Can't wait to see that happens to iOS 7
Lots of people will say its crap regardless of how good or bad it is or before they get a chance to use it.

jbenkelman
May 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
Ha what a flashback that was. I could spend a whole afternoon (if I had nothing better to do...like my job) just replying to those original comments.

If I have learned anything during my time as an Apple fan, its to just go with the flow. Apple usually gets it right, even when at first you might think they have gone mad.

I thought the iPhone 4 looked TERRIBLE when it first came out as the new hardware, and now I still think its the best looking smartphone on the market (even above the iPhone 5).

Bring on iOS 7. I am ready for whatever they have to throw at us!

MHaynes772
May 16, 2013, 03:04 PM

blueroom
May 16, 2013, 03:13 PM
how can you have an opinion about something that you have not even seen. :confused:

Must be my ex wife.

dejo
May 16, 2013, 03:28 PM
MacRumors got it right when it said the iPod wouldn't sell

When did MacRumors say that?

Tander
May 16, 2013, 04:01 PM
iOS 7 won't be flat and "completely different"

My reason:

Apple and most developers cannot do a fresh OS from the ground up, changing everything with six months. There is just not enough time. Maybe with iOS 8, sure. I doubt iOS 7 though.

tekboi
May 16, 2013, 04:12 PM
And we'll get it right again when we say that iOS7 going flat is going to be a huge disaster.

You just watch.

Yeah, a guy who calls himself "Batman" on an internet forum surely knows what he's talking about :rolleyes:

ufwa
May 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
To be fair the iPod really didn't sell until nearly 3 years later with the introduction of USB connectivity. the itunes music store helped too. From there it took off.

The Apple TV on a somewhat similar track atleast 3 years in. Not sure if it'll skyrocket in sales though.

moderngamenewb
May 16, 2013, 06:10 PM

I totally agree. I was laughing a lot at the comments. Way to many negatives with people saying it wouldn't sell, why do they need this when other mp3 players are around, etc...

thejadedmonkey
May 16, 2013, 06:13 PM
To be fair the iPod really didn't sell until nearly 3 years later with the introduction of USB connectivity. the itunes music store helped too. From there it took off.

The Apple TV on a somewhat similar track atleast 3 years in. Not sure if it'll skyrocket in sales though.

And a $100 price drop. And then another $100 price drop for the iPod Mini.

moderngamenewb
May 16, 2013, 09:45 PM
My first iPod was the old 20gb click wheel. I miss that old thing, but it failed on me within a year. I wish I still had my iPod classic. I had my last one for about 3 years (I went through about 2 of them prior), until it ended up dropping on the sidewalk and stopped working, otherwise I would have still had that thing

Saladinos
May 16, 2013, 09:51 PM
All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off.

Hehe.

otismotive77
May 19, 2013, 09:00 AM
nah, i dont think so. i think that the flat design will actually make the iOS look more attractive.

BvizioN
May 19, 2013, 09:29 AM
When did MacRumors say that?

I think he meant forum users!

It was really entertaining reading the negative comments about iPod!

Macman45
May 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
Oh dear.....This can only end badly....I'm fairly sure that Apple can happily survive without amateur market analysts whose predictions appear to be groundless.:D

Defender2010
May 21, 2013, 07:06 PM
I want to hurl when I still see this thread on the thread page.