PDA

View Full Version : Water got splashed on MacBook Air now 1/6th of screen fuzzy

accorn
May 9, 2013, 07:45 PM
My MacBook Air got splashed with some water and now part of the screen is fuzzy on the left side, this just happened and I have shut it off and plan on it staying off for a couple days but nothing else seems affected.

I have AppleCare but don't think they would cover this- what should I do?

SMDBill
May 9, 2013, 07:49 PM
Leave turned off. Put into container (like a storage bin) with some dessicant if you can find some at a local store (absorbs moisture from the air). Just make sure the dessicant does not actually come into contact with the computer. It'll just absorb any moisture that may reside in the laptop as it evaporates into the air.

GoCubsGo
May 9, 2013, 07:52 PM
Leave turned off. Put into container (like a storage bin) with some dessicant if you can find some at a local store (absorbs moisture from the air). Just make sure the dessicant does not actually come into contact with the computer. It'll just absorb any moisture that may reside in the laptop as it evaporates into the air.

Use rice. Easier to find.

rknell
Jul 2, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hi,

Just had exactly the same thing happen to mine, was using it while cooking and a drip of water landed on the screen, now its fuzzy down the left hand side.

Did anything you try work????