PDA

View Full Version : Just activated my Galaxy Nexus, iChat???

sk1wbw
May 9, 2013, 07:50 PM
So I just activated it at Verizon a few hours ago and I'm not getting sms messages at all. My friend still shows I'm coming from iChat.

Any ideas?

fr4c
May 9, 2013, 08:17 PM
So I just activated it at Verizon a few hours ago and I'm not getting sms messages at all. My friend still shows I'm coming from iChat.

Any ideas?
Did you replace an iPhone? If so you need to sign out of iMessages, as well as turning off iMessage in the Message settings on the iPhone that you replaced.

sk1wbw
May 10, 2013, 04:20 AM
Did you replace an iPhone? If so you need to sign out of iMessages, as well as turning off iMessage in the Message settings on the iPhone that you replaced.

I turned off iMessage on the iPhone, but I'm not sure how to sign out of it on the MacBook?

Switchback666
May 10, 2013, 04:35 AM
I turned off iMessage on the iPhone, but I'm not sure how to sign out of it on the MacBook?

Go to Messages preferences on Mac, in the accounts tab you will see your apple id plus the "you can be reached at..." uncheck phone number and done.

sk1wbw
May 10, 2013, 04:51 AM
Go to Messages preferences on Mac, in the accounts tab you will see your apple id plus the "you can be reached at..." uncheck phone number and done.

Thanks, hopefully that will work. It didn't occur to me that I would have to do that.

Gav2k
May 10, 2013, 04:53 AM
You can also sign into your apple account and disassociate your old iphone from your account.