PDA

View Full Version : Bought New MacAir

Saviour500
May 10, 2013, 06:34 PM
After purchasing a new Macbook Air I wanted to create a bootable ML USB. With this in mind I wanted to know where to go to get the dmg.

I know one can recover their HDD from the recovery partition and even how to make the USB installer as I did for my Lion installation, but, Do I have to seriously purchase ML via the app store?

Mrbobb
May 10, 2013, 07:12 PM
If ur machine came with ML, u should be able to download it again wo purchasing. So u do a download BUT WITHOUT INSTALL and boom u get dmg file in ur download folder.

torana355
May 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
After purchasing a new Macbook Air I wanted to create a bootable ML USB. With this in mind I wanted to know where to go to get the dmg.

I know one can recover their HDD from the recovery partition and even how to make the USB installer as I did for my Lion installation, but, Do I have to seriously purchase ML via the app store?

Use the same method as this link http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110831105634716

Ifti
May 13, 2013, 09:04 AM
Ive created a tutorial on the entire process - click the YouTube link in my sig to go to my channel page. Scroll down a little and under 'Software Tutorials & Guides' you'll see a Mountain Lion image, which is a video on how to create a bootable USB ;)