PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SideSync - Very Cool

PollyK
May 11, 2013, 09:24 AM
Now here's something very cool. Why hasn't something like this already been released years earlier? Maybe it has, I don't know. But I've never seen it. If anyone with an android device can give this a go and let us know if it actually works would be nice.

HVvczhM5KxI

LIVEFRMNYC
May 11, 2013, 09:36 AM
I was excited until I read it only works on Samsung PCs. That's BS.

sentinelsx
May 11, 2013, 09:41 AM
Would be nicer if it worked on Samsung chrome books.

annk
May 11, 2013, 09:46 AM
I was excited until I read it only works on Samsung PCs. That's BS.

Someone has to be first with any kind of new technology. If Apple had been the first to do this, without it being usable on other types of devices, some people would probably be disappointed. But we wouldn't call it BS.

It makes sense that a company might create a feature or function that makes their brand stand out. ;)

I think it looks cool, and it's a fun idea. Don't know off hand how much I'd actually use it, but who knows if I had it, I just might discover ways I found it useful.

LIVEFRMNYC
May 11, 2013, 11:02 AM
Someone has to be first with any kind of new technology. If Apple had been the first to do this, without it being usable on other types of devices, some people would probably be disappointed. But we wouldn't call it BS.

It makes sense that a company might create a feature or function that makes their brand stand out. ;)

I think it looks cool, and it's a fun idea. Don't know off hand how much I'd actually use it, but who knows if I had it, I just might discover ways I found it useful.

Apple is kind of different cause their OSs are only on their own products. The Samsung vid in the OP made is seem like as long as you have a PC your good to go.

Anyways, a hack to use on non Samsung PCs will probably emerge.

Ice-Cube
May 11, 2013, 12:11 PM
This would be a nice feature to have on Macs and iPhones. I can imagine using this on a daily basis. It would be better if the phone's screen is mirrored onto the computer though, so you can control it without having to look at the phone.

Sylon
May 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
That is one goofy looking phone stand.

Fynd
May 11, 2013, 12:46 PM
This would be a nice feature to have on Macs and iPhones. I can imagine using this on a daily basis. It would be better if the phone's screen is mirrored onto the computer though, so you can control it without having to look at the phone.

They show just that later on in the video

LIVEFRMNYC
May 11, 2013, 08:21 PM
Just got this to work on my ASUS Windows 8 notebook, using the instructions from this XDA thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2272075). The instructions are simple, but I did have to troubleshoot slightly.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w5ou92.jpg

3bs
May 11, 2013, 08:58 PM
This kinda makes me jealous that I bought the One :p

Doesn't really matter since I use a Mac anyway.