Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
With the GTX 570 I get a patch of checks in the lower left 1/8th of the screen in some games - including the Unigine-Heaven-3.0 benchmarker. In the 8800 GT I got some in only that benchmarker but not in any games - and it was all along the bottom instead of the the lower left corner.

Anyone got any ideas what these are caused from?

GPU_Render_Error_001.png

GPU_Render_Error_002.png

Thanks for any info...

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
This is discussed in topic 20 in the FAQ sticky thread:

20) There is corruption in the lower left or upper right corner of the screen. Is my card damaged?

There appears to be a driver bug in the stock Apple drivers that causes corruption like this:

[corrupted image]

on certain cards like the GTX 570/580 and GTX 670/680. This was fixed in the 10.8.1 web driver, as far as we can tell, so you should make sure you are running the latest version of Mountain Lion with the NVIDIA driver. There is currently no fix for this in Lion.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
Ah, thanks for that! Too bad I'm running MacPro1,1. Although I'm nearing the point where I'll force-install 10.8.3 so I guess I won't have to deal with this for too very long.

Thanks again man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.