PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of iOS 7 concept videos

Risco
May 12, 2013, 02:17 PM
Which one do you like the most? I personally like concept 4 as it seems more like what Ives would design, plus it looks fresh!

jldS_bqEby8

JdW4qNeFkBk

VA2J95JqAG8

ESivYZXYqYE

kHs5p2h9JvY

pickaxe
May 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't understand why many of these mockups insist on having power toggles in the lockscreen. What's the point? So I enable WiFi on the lockscreen, now what? I have to unlock to be able to use it. And I micromanage my radios all
the time.

Otherwise the fourth render is just beautiful.

CGagnon
May 12, 2013, 08:16 PM
If it looks anything like 4 I won't upgrade ever

MattInOz
May 12, 2013, 11:16 PM
I don't understand why many of these mockups insist on having power toggles in the lockscreen. What's the point? So I enable WiFi on the lockscreen, now what? I have to unlock to be able to use it. And I micromanage my radios all
the time.

Otherwise the fourth render is just beautiful.

I think they should really re-visit the whole slide switch control.
So few of these things can just be switched on and go to detail setting in one hit, or just turn on. So say wi-fi you have to tap cell in listView, tap the on switch then do any config needed, Painfull.

If had a slide switch you could tap on/off or slide past "on" for setting. That to me would be a far better solution.

Also why I don't like most mock-up so far. Most seem like instead of improving the situation they just move the short-comings elsewhere or give it new graphics.

Apple blogger
May 12, 2013, 11:43 PM

Same here !! It looks yuck!!! Combination of Samsung and windows!

----------

Even though they are concept videos .. Personally I don't like any of them .. Reasons.
1. double clicking an icon for a faster reply is useless ..
2. Widgets take only a few seconds to turn off from settings ..
3.making everything look silver would make it look very very boring .. Only music app looks awesome in silver..

randomdude
May 13, 2013, 07:35 AM
Truthfully, a little bit from just about every concept released so far. They're all different and all bring something kl. Take the last video, I would want the recent apps, but maybe on the bottom (just above dock) rather than the top for easier access when only using your thumb or holding device right from the edge. Take the second-last video. The Lockscreen looks cool, but again if someone was pressing the home button to wake it up rather than the power button, it would be easier for the swipe to unlock to be at the bottom than at the top.

Basically - Apple needs to allow a little more customisation of things, but not too much. Just little things.

Zeromancer
May 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
1st : i think they all look like crap.
2end : Concept 4 only works on a white iPhone , it would look terrible on a black 1

Risco
May 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
Basically - Apple needs to allow a little more customisation of things, but not too much. Just little things.

Agreed, and let us choose our default app such as web browser!

1st : i think they all look like crap.
2end : Concept 4 only works on a white iPhone , it would look terrible on a black 1

Why would it look bad on black?

gto55
May 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
J4Q_97exnJk

johndallas999
May 13, 2013, 03:52 PM

Agreed, they all suck. Why change the highly detailed look it currently has? This flat crap to look like Andriod is going to be a fail:mad:

Simplicated
May 13, 2013, 10:46 PM
Concept 4: Yes! Let's just put the slide to unlock knob to the top of the screen and rid the phone of all the usability for which iOS is renowned!

jomarr
May 14, 2013, 12:12 AM
I love the 4. I am here for a minimalistic design.

I want to switch to Windows Phone right now but let me stick with my 5 until the new OS comes.

CGagnon
May 14, 2013, 10:30 AM
Agreed, they all suck. Why change the highly detailed look it currently has? This flat crap to look like Andriod is going to be a fail:mad:

I like a little skeuomorphism. Totally flat lacks all personality and originality, iOS would look just like Android and Windows Phone 8.

rovex
May 14, 2013, 05:39 PM
By 'flat' is it implied as being like windows 8?

ThisIsNotMe
May 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
wow - people have a lot of time of their hands!

0dev
May 14, 2013, 06:06 PM
Concept 4 looks awesome. If Apple did that I might even be tempted to get another iPhone.

MonkeySee....
May 15, 2013, 06:03 AM
3rd is quite good.

nikomakhos
May 15, 2013, 07:14 AM
#4 looks beautiful, seems actually useful and would probably make me think again about moving to an android or windows phone.

kilcher
May 15, 2013, 07:43 AM
#4 looks great, I would love that. One thing that makes no sense though -slider at the top of the lock screen, not a convenient place for it, should be left at the bottom.

I'm not expecting anything major from iOS7, which is very disappointing. With each passing year I'm tempted more and more by Android devices. :(

Prototypical
May 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
#4 looks great, I would love that. One thing that makes no sense though -slider at the top of the lock screen, not a convenient place for it, should be left at the bottom.

I'm not expecting anything major from iOS7, which is very disappointing. With each passing year I'm tempted more and more by Android devices. :(

I think they put the slider at the top just to be "different." It wouldn't make any sense from a usability standpoint to have it up there. That said, move it back to the bottom and I'm in LOVE with #4. Clean, minimalistic, easy to read/use, widgets without the hideous widget integration of Android, and fresh... without being a radical departure from what iOS is at the core.

Greg.
May 16, 2013, 09:26 AM
This new one is pretty awesome:

KssaC5kVifc

LIVEFRMNYC
May 16, 2013, 01:05 PM
I don't really like video 4, but it seems the most realistic to me.

superstarmc
May 17, 2013, 08:31 PM
I wish they'd add the tap to unlock like cydia had instead of slide.

gto55
May 29, 2013, 09:41 AM
Another concept:

PYqsry_HGxk

SamGabbay
May 29, 2013, 01:38 PM
Out of all the concept videos for iOS ever made, this one stands alone... I could only hope for another one...

YouTube: video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bVz3kI-_E)

Tom2893
May 29, 2013, 04:57 PM
I like #3 the best. I like the little things you can do with customisation to make it your own. #4 looks like Windows 8 lol

DaSal
Jun 4, 2013, 06:13 AM
Number 4 looks like it was designed by Ikea. I think people are mistaking color for personality. It looks super generic to me and also while very flat also somehow very 90s. Maybe it's the color choices. Besides that it just looks bland.

But it at least looks ok-ish in a sense that it would be acceptable for like a Chinese feature phone. And some people may actually like it! But I would be really sad if Ios 7 looked like that.

All the rest are even worse.

Lammercy
Jun 4, 2013, 08:05 AM
The notification center in the 3rd video was incredible!

----------

This new one is pretty awesome:

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=KssaC5kVifc)

I know Apple wouldn't do this but can someone please create a cydia UI for this?

roland.g
Jun 4, 2013, 05:58 PM
Out of all the concept videos for iOS ever made, this one stands alone... I could only hope for another one...

YouTube: video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bVz3kI-_E)

You posted a video that won't play on an iPhone - genius.

xcodeaddict
Jun 4, 2013, 08:41 PM
Hey! Here's a novel concept, and it doesn't require you to spend **any** time speculating, totally mis-understanding inter-relational elements, object spacing etc, or rendering "concepts" or guessing...

Wait and see!

:p