Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iOS7 concept do you like the most?

• Concept 1

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Concept 2

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Concept 3

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Concept 4

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Concept 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them!

Votes: 23 28.8%

• Total voters

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Which one do you like the most? I personally like concept 4 as it seems more like what Ives would design, plus it looks fresh!

Last edited:

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
I don't understand why many of these mockups insist on having power toggles in the lockscreen. What's the point? So I enable WiFi on the lockscreen, now what? I have to unlock to be able to use it. And I micromanage my radios all
the time.

Otherwise the fourth render is just beautiful.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
I don't understand why many of these mockups insist on having power toggles in the lockscreen. What's the point? So I enable WiFi on the lockscreen, now what? I have to unlock to be able to use it. And I micromanage my radios all
the time.

Otherwise the fourth render is just beautiful.

I think they should really re-visit the whole slide switch control.
So few of these things can just be switched on and go to detail setting in one hit, or just turn on. So say wi-fi you have to tap cell in listView, tap the on switch then do any config needed, Painfull.

If had a slide switch you could tap on/off or slide past "on" for setting. That to me would be a far better solution.

Also why I don't like most mock-up so far. Most seem like instead of improving the situation they just move the short-comings elsewhere or give it new graphics.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
If it looks anything like 4 I won't upgrade ever

Same here !! It looks yuck!!! Combination of Samsung and windows!

----------

Even though they are concept videos .. Personally I don't like any of them .. Reasons.
1. double clicking an icon for a faster reply is useless ..
2. Widgets take only a few seconds to turn off from settings ..
3.making everything look silver would make it look very very boring .. Only music app looks awesome in silver..

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Truthfully, a little bit from just about every concept released so far. They're all different and all bring something kl. Take the last video, I would want the recent apps, but maybe on the bottom (just above dock) rather than the top for easier access when only using your thumb or holding device right from the edge. Take the second-last video. The Lockscreen looks cool, but again if someone was pressing the home button to wake it up rather than the power button, it would be easier for the swipe to unlock to be at the bottom than at the top.

Basically - Apple needs to allow a little more customisation of things, but not too much. Just little things.

Zeromancer

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
1st : i think they all look like crap.
2end : Concept 4 only works on a white iPhone , it would look terrible on a black 1

jomarr

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2011
I love the 4. I am here for a minimalistic design.

I want to switch to Windows Phone right now but let me stick with my 5 until the new OS comes.

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Agreed, they all suck. Why change the highly detailed look it currently has? This flat crap to look like Andriod is going to be a fail:mad:

I like a little skeuomorphism. Totally flat lacks all personality and originality, iOS would look just like Android and Windows Phone 8.

nikomakhos

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
#4 looks beautiful, seems actually useful and would probably make me think again about moving to an android or windows phone.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
#4 looks great, I would love that. One thing that makes no sense though -slider at the top of the lock screen, not a convenient place for it, should be left at the bottom.

I'm not expecting anything major from iOS7, which is very disappointing. With each passing year I'm tempted more and more by Android devices. :(

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
#4 looks great, I would love that. One thing that makes no sense though -slider at the top of the lock screen, not a convenient place for it, should be left at the bottom.

I'm not expecting anything major from iOS7, which is very disappointing. With each passing year I'm tempted more and more by Android devices. :(

I think they put the slider at the top just to be "different." It wouldn't make any sense from a usability standpoint to have it up there. That said, move it back to the bottom and I'm in LOVE with #4. Clean, minimalistic, easy to read/use, widgets without the hideous widget integration of Android, and fresh... without being a radical departure from what iOS is at the core.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Out of all the concept videos for iOS ever made, this one stands alone... I could only hope for another one...

YouTube: video

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.