PDA

View Full Version : iBook G3 Keyboard

rjcalifornia
May 12, 2013, 08:41 PM
I have a fried iBook G3, and the iBook G4 I use on a daily basis. Here's the issue:

Some keys in the ibook G4 are fading away, well, the 'A', 'S', 'L'. So I was thinking, can I use the iBook G3 keyboard in the iBook G4?

Jessica Lares
May 14, 2013, 04:08 AM
Should be able to switch them out with no issue unless the connections are different. Did this with a Early 2006 and Late 2006 MacBook Pro myself. The keyboard itself worked fine.

You might just want to pull off the keys themselves though if you're up to it. Although pulling the keyboard out is already a breeze anyway. Haha.

spyguy10709
May 14, 2013, 05:55 AM
I have a fried iBook G3, and the iBook G4 I use on a daily basis. Here's the issue:

Some keys in the ibook G4 are fading away, well, the 'A', 'S', 'L'. So I was thinking, can I use the iBook G3 keyboard in the iBook G4?

Yep, it will work just fine, but I'd continue to use the iBook G4's keyboard until it really bothers you because... well why put more wear on an old keyboard unless you have to?

rjcalifornia
May 14, 2013, 06:15 PM
Yep, it will work just fine, but I'd continue to use the iBook G4's keyboard until it really bothers you because... well why put more wear on an old keyboard unless you have to?

Because I like the iBook G3 keyboard :D

----------

Should be able to switch them out with no issue unless the connections are different. Did this with a Early 2006 and Late 2006 MacBook Pro myself. The keyboard itself worked fine.

You might just want to pull off the keys themselves though if you're up to it. Although pulling the keyboard out is already a breeze anyway. Haha.

haha :D Thanks Jessica!

stroked
May 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
Yep, it wi work jut fine, but I'd continue to ue the iBook G4' keyboard unti it rey bothers you becue... we why put more wer on n old keybord unle you hve to?

This is what your post looks like with out any A, S, or Ls. I think he has to.

rjcalifornia
May 14, 2013, 07:14 PM
This is what your post looks like with out any A, S, or Ls. I think he has to.

Well, the keys are fading away, still works thou