PDA

View Full Version : Please help with battery life question!

tdogg20
Oct 29, 2005, 09:26 AM
My iPod with video came with a charge, but i charged it all the way anyway, and when i watch a movie the battery only lasts about 45 minutes whats wrong? Is the first charge weaker than the others? By the way i have a 30gb white 5th gen.

carpe diem
Oct 29, 2005, 10:05 AM
Its better to drain it then charge

tdogg20
Oct 29, 2005, 10:06 AM
So if i drain it right now then charge it ill be fine?

mad jew
Oct 29, 2005, 11:13 AM
I believe it's better to charge and then drain to finish off the charge cycle Apple started you with. Try draining it and recharging from scratch though, just to re-calibrate it.

I don't know if it'll be fine after this though. :o

asherman13
Oct 29, 2005, 06:52 PM
did the battery actually die? as in, did the ipod shut off/stop playing? if not, keep watching. don't go back to the menu to check your battery life until you're done; i've found that i have much more time then it tells me, especially when watching a movie...

tdogg20
Oct 29, 2005, 07:58 PM
Yea the movie actually lasted about an 1 and a half hours when i was sometimes going back to check battery meter. Is this about right? And the battery meter when i use it shows a full charge battery where the battery is all green for about 10 seconds and then it shows the battery icon with a small chunk out of it no matter what i am doing if its music or movie. Is this wrong or normal?

tdogg20
Oct 29, 2005, 08:23 PM
Anybody at all?