Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trewyn15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2013
I am missing 3 out of 4 of the rubber feet on the bottom of my PowerBook, I don't really mind, but I will be using it on a desk a good amount and I don't want it to get destroyed on the bottom.

What have you guys used or know that people have used for 'feet' on the bottom of your PowerBooks, iBooks or Macbooks?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I am missing 3 out of 4 of the rubber feet on the bottom of my PowerBook, I don't really mind, but I will be using it on a desk a good amount and I don't want it to get destroyed on the bottom.

What have you guys used or know that people have used for 'feet' on the bottom of your PowerBooks, iBooks or Macbooks?
You can try those little clear "feet" knobs that they sell in hardware stores to protect furniture. Come in little packs, take the backing off and put it on a surface.

Or you can find new feet on eBay. There are resellers there.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

You can buy new rubber feet on Amazon.

trewyn15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Just ordered some non-Apple ones, will post pics if they work well. Seems to be an ongoing problem with most laptops lol

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Just ordered some non-Apple ones, will post pics if they work well. Seems to be an ongoing problem with most laptops lol
My 1.0Ghz 17" PB came without. I replaced them. Now I have one left and my other PB has three! :confused:

I haven't bothered to replace any since then.

:rolleyes:

trewyn15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2013
My 1.0Ghz 17" PB came without. I replaced them. Now I have one left and my other PB has three! :confused:

I haven't bothered to replace any since then.

:rolleyes:

Honestly I could care less about them or how they look lol I just don't want to damage the bottom side of my PowerBook more than it already is... I can't stand hearing it scrape on the desk at class lol

Saw two offerings on eBay for $4.58 and another for $58. Fifty-eight! I'll take two!:eek:

Nice lol mine aren't even the original ones, mine are actually pretty big, but they were cheap haha

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
I think I might get me some of those clear feet for mine.I actually still have the original ones but they are SMALL even though none of mine are gone the corners of my ram door look like they've been sanded.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I think I might get me some of those clear feet for mine.I actually still have the original ones but they are SMALL even though none of mine are gone the corners of my ram door look like they've been sanded.
Well, here's the bottom of mine. Most of it done before I got the Mac though. I haven't replaced the feet (again) but I also tend to lift my Macs and then move them if I need them moved. Don't like the idea of sliding them on the bottom. It's kept it from getting worse (yeah, this could be worse!).

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 20.50.19.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.50.19.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98

trewyn15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Yours isn't bad at all, my phones dead, I'll take a pic of mine. It's extremely and surprisingly clean lol and I'd like to keep it that way :p

trewyn15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Here's the condition of mine after I took the remaining inserts and rubber feet off lol

I don't think it's too bad for $50 lol

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.