PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a leak of iOS 7?

jbenkelman
May 15, 2013, 12:32 AM
I have been a avid follower of new iPhone/iPod/Macbook rumors in the past, but iOS 7 is the first time I have really followed and monitored rumors for the operating system. I for one, having hated the design of the iPhone 4 when it leaked, have learned that Apple knows what they are doing even before we understand as the consumer. I have faith that iOS 7 will be just what we need in an update to the iPhone software.

Having said that...what are the chances we see a leak of the design in the next few weeks? When iOS 6 was being rumored and tossed around I don't remember ever seeing anything prior to the WWDC announcement. I am getting anxious and want that exciting "first glimpse" that makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

EDIT: And by leak I don't mean a beta version, I mean a screenshot.

Gav2k
May 15, 2013, 12:42 AM
I have been a avid follower of new iPhone/iPod/Macbook rumors in the past, but iOS 7 is the first time I have really followed and monitored rumors for the operating system. I for one, having hated the design of the iPhone 4 when it leaked, have learned that Apple knows what they are doing even before we understand as the consumer. I have faith that iOS 7 will be just what we need in an update to the iPhone software.

Having said that...what are the chances we see a leak of the design in the next few weeks? When iOS 6 was being rumored and tossed around I don't remember ever seeing anything prior to the WWDC announcement. I am getting anxious and want that exciting "first glimpse" that makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

0% reason being well it's not gonna happen!

irDigital0l
May 15, 2013, 01:05 AM
I hope there isn't a leak.

Leaks completely ruined the surprise factor in iOS 6.

seble
May 15, 2013, 02:01 AM

But there was nothing to be 'surprised' about in iOS 6 ;)

irDigital0l
May 15, 2013, 02:04 AM
But there was nothing to be 'surprised' about in iOS 6 ;)

lol true.

Still remember how Forstall blew through half of the features in like 2 minutes.

Good times.

AQUADock
May 15, 2013, 02:04 AM
0% reason being well it's not gonna happen!

Not exactly true, the Apple maps UI was leaked before iOS 6 was released.

Rogifan
May 15, 2013, 07:09 AM
I have a feeling we'll get some sort of leak before WWDC. Maybe not a screen shot but some details about iOS 7 (and more than it's "flat").

kilcher
May 15, 2013, 07:46 AM
My guess is, if you want to see what iOS7 will look like, turn on your phone and flip around a bit.

jbenkelman
May 15, 2013, 11:39 AM

I agree. Leaks can be a huge let down. Sometimes it's just better to wait for the full announcement/demo at WWDC.

Either way. I'm excited. Will I look if there is a leak? Heck yes.

----------

I have a feeling we'll get some sort of leak before WWDC. Maybe not a screen shot but some details about iOS 7 (and more than it's "flat").

That's what I was thinking too. It's hard to believe that with so many people running ios 7 already that someone hasn't caught a glimpse. I'm impressed by their ability to keep it under wraps. Much easier with software than with hardware obviously.

Prototypical
May 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
That's what I was thinking too. It's hard to believe that with so many people running ios 7 already that someone hasn't caught a glimpse. I'm impressed by their ability to keep it under wraps. Much easier with software than with hardware obviously.

Perhaps this is finally some of that "double-down security" that Tim Cook was talking about? :p

omenatarhuri
May 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Perhaps this is finally some of that "double-down security" that Tim Cook was talking about? :p
Obviously it's not related to the music negotiations where there is a journalist apparently sitting in the table disguised as Eddie Cue.

jbenkelman
May 15, 2013, 02:24 PM

Haha. Only took a few years!

hovscorpion12
May 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
There hasn't been any major leaks of IOS other then IOS maps, Siri and some other "key" features. Apple is more known for iPhone leaks such as design and components. The first leak (that I can remember) was the design body of the iPhone 4. Then after that the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

aDRock1154
May 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
lol true.

Still remember how forstall blew through half of the features in like 2 minutes.

Good times.

lmao

aDRock1154
May 16, 2013, 09:00 AM
My guess is, if you want to see what iOS7 will look like, turn on your phone and flip around a bit.

Patriot24
May 16, 2013, 12:03 PM
With no real supply chain involved, the likelihood of leaks as we see with hardware is pretty slim.

Intrepid Apple employee with carry permission and poor judgement at a bar, you are our only hope.

Rogifan
May 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
With no real supply chain involved, the likelihood of leaks as we see with hardware is pretty slim.

Intrepid Apple employee with carry permission and poor judgement at a bar, you are our only hope.

Unless Apple decides to let something slip to a friendly blogger. I'm hoping nothing leaks and its a complete surprise.

Risco
May 16, 2013, 12:55 PM
Tim said he was going to double down on security. It seems he is doing a good "jobs" this time. I prefer it this way, rather than knowing exactly what it will be like before it is even released!

jbenkelman
May 16, 2013, 02:01 PM

Haha. I was just going to avoid that post altogether, but this is too great. Thank you for that.

Menel
May 16, 2013, 02:34 PM
My guess is, if you want to see what iOS7 will look like, turn on your phone and flip around a bit.Quite the optimist, hoping Apple isn't going to follow Microsoft and Google down the flat trend.

tekboi
May 16, 2013, 05:02 PM
We might see something a day or two before the official announcement. That's all we can hope for...

aDRock1154
May 16, 2013, 05:54 PM
Haha. I was just going to avoid that post altogether, but this is too great. Thank you for that.

Haha, I couldn't resist!

bozzykid
May 16, 2013, 08:16 PM
Obviously it's not related to the music negotiations where there is a journalist apparently sitting in the table disguised as Eddie Cue.

How do you lock down leaks with a negotiation with a third party?

lamerica80
May 17, 2013, 09:13 AM

Its an OS for a mobile phone, not Star wars the phantom menace ;)

Simplicated
May 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
Tim said he was going to double down on security. It seems he is doing a good "jobs" this time. I prefer it this way, rather than knowing exactly what it will be like before it is even released!

Why can't people just get it right? It's SECRECY, for god's sake.

jbenkelman
May 17, 2013, 02:09 PM
The lack of news this week in regards to iOS 7 is depressing.

24 days.

Osullivan1
May 18, 2013, 09:26 AM
iOS 5, Siri leaked a couple of days before the 4S event (as in a completely accurate mockup/remake of the UI and how it worked).

iOS 6, Maps screenshots leaked a couple of weeks before WWDC.

So maybe, but i wouldn't expect anything.

Simplicated
May 18, 2013, 09:40 AM
The lack of news this week in regards to iOS 7 is depressing.

24 days.

Believe me. It will be worth the wait.

chrizzz09
May 18, 2013, 03:52 PM
Well i think one good spot to take a view of this new flat design, is to look at iTunes, especially after this update few days ago (i think the update caused this difference)

I just hooked up my iPhone to sync a little of music, and realized that the bottom bar has kind of changed. The bar where your audio, photos and app usage on the phone is displayed has a new "flat" look.

I cant remember if it looked like this before...hmm.

chekz0414
May 18, 2013, 06:05 PM
We might see a leak of the odd screen and design like the Apple Maps leak last year, but doubt we would see a leak of iOS beta IPSW file before WWDC.

We might get a list of devices that are supported, the day before WWDC like with iOS 6, when we found out the build number and that the iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen were cut off.

BvizioN
May 19, 2013, 05:56 AM

Possible. But it will only be days, not to say hours before WWDC.

otismotive77
May 19, 2013, 08:41 AM
really excited about the new design, i would love to see a leak. but i dont think there are any chances of a leak.

beaniemyman
May 20, 2013, 10:04 AM

agreed.
i hope that we dont receive any iOS7 leaks.

Tankmaze
May 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
slim to none.

the only thing that apple can't protect the leak is from vendors / OEM manufacturer who built their devices.

iOS = software so it must be an apple engineer / designer / programers that design and code it, unless he/she want to lose their job, there will be no leak from software side with apple.

Feed Me
May 20, 2013, 12:47 PM
iOS 5, Siri leaked a couple of days before the 4S event (as in a completely accurate mockup/remake of the UI and how it worked).

iOS 6, Maps screenshots leaked a couple of weeks before WWDC.

So maybe, but i wouldn't expect anything.

Did iOS 6 maps screenshots leak? I thought they were just highly accurate mockups, like the Siri mockups.

ppeyton1143
May 21, 2013, 08:42 AM
nope, i don't think we would see any leaks, but we might get some more info about iOS7.

Osullivan1
May 21, 2013, 01:36 PM
Did iOS 6 maps screenshots leak? I thought they were just highly accurate mockups, like the Siri mockups.

Yeah, but were close enough to the real thing... :) Even had the dodgy bridges haha :p

tevion5
May 21, 2013, 06:40 PM

You hate leaks and are active on a site called "MacRumors"?

irDigital0l
May 21, 2013, 07:24 PM
You hate leaks and are active on a site called "MacRumors"?

Are telling me that leaks and rumors are the same?

hovscorpion12
May 21, 2013, 11:01 PM
The only new info that I have seen is more social integration such as Vimeo.

irDigital0l
May 22, 2013, 01:21 AM
The only new info that I have seen is more social integration such as Vimeo.

Shouldn't come as a surprise.

OS X has Vimeo and Flickr support.

Solomani
May 22, 2013, 05:00 AM

Best strategy: Do not visit MacRumors website. That way, you will be just like the other 94% of (normal) Apple customers.... completely oblivious to Apple rumors and leaks.

hektor5wolf
May 22, 2013, 05:33 AM
Well i think one good spot to take a view of this new flat design, is to look at iTunes, especially after this update few days ago (i think the update caused this difference)

I just hooked up my iPhone to sync a little of music, and realized that the bottom bar has kind of changed. The bar where your audio, photos and app usage on the phone is displayed has a new "flat" look.

I cant remember if it looked like this before...hmm.

That's impressive!! :eek: I didn't even notice the change until I saw tour post!!

Simplicated
May 22, 2013, 07:45 AM
That's impressive!! :eek: I didn't even notice the change until I saw tour post!!

You guys are overreacting. The bar used to look like this in iTunes 10. There's also a bar having similar appearance in the storage section of the About This Mac dialog in OS X.

tevion5
May 22, 2013, 04:05 PM
Are telling me that leaks and rumors are the same?

No, but there's a thin line betweenr them considering most leaks are highly untrustworthy.

adnbek
May 22, 2013, 05:43 PM
You guys are overreacting. The bar used to look like this in iTunes 10. There's also a bar having similar appearance in the storage section of the About This Mac dialog in OS X.

It's slightly different. Some of the colors are different gradients and labels are integrated instead of a legend below.

Another "flat" design is the purchase button if you go to the app store on your iPhone/iPad for the "free app of the week".

Simplicated
May 22, 2013, 11:11 PM
It's slightly different. Some of the colors are different gradients and labels are integrated instead of a legend below.

Another "flat" design is the purchase button if you go to the app store on your iPhone/iPad for the "free app of the week".

How exactly do these represent Ive's creations?

Ppq
May 23, 2013, 03:09 AM

if you want to know, how will look ios 7, just buy google's android :)

adnbek
May 23, 2013, 06:21 AM
How exactly do these represent Ive's creations?

I didn't say that. I said it was evidence of the flat design they're going for.

WhackyNinja
May 23, 2013, 06:06 PM

What surprise in iOS 6 lmao

teknikal90
May 23, 2013, 06:48 PM

what surprises?