PDA

View Full Version : Best PDF study app which locally stores PDFs?

Iphone4sinwhite
May 15, 2013, 07:11 AM
What is the best app that will locally allow me to store, read, and possibly annotate locally stored PDFs? Can Evernote do this? This is preparation for a professional test I have in 5 months.

ratboy90
May 15, 2013, 07:46 AM
What is the best app that will locally allow me to store, read, and possibly annotate locally stored PDFs? Can Evernote do this? This is preparation for a professional test I have in 5 months.

I use notability and love it. Otherwise goodreader also does a good job of it

TJ61
May 15, 2013, 01:10 PM
I have GoodReader, and it performs very well for storing, reading and annotating. I have heard very good things about iAnnotate as well.

Regards,
Tom

jojoba
May 16, 2013, 03:18 AM
GoodReader, iAnnotate and PDF Expert are all very good alternatives. I've written about iAnnotate here (https://macademise.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/iannotate-a-swiss-army-knife-for-marking-up-articles-paper-drafts-and-data/).

Iphone4sinwhite
May 21, 2013, 07:57 AM
Do any of these apps allow the storage and browsing of PDFs locally on the iPad itself in case there isn't a Internet connection available?

jojoba
May 21, 2013, 08:15 AM
Do any of these apps allow the storage and browsing of PDFs locally on the iPad itself in case there isn't a Internet connection available?

iAnnotate, Notability, GoodReader and PDF Expert all do that. With Evernote, you need a premium subscription.