PDA

View Full Version : Oh a few days without my G5... HELL!

MacTruck
Oct 29, 2005, 08:36 PM
Had a fan bearing start to rattle on my G5 so I took it into the apple store for repair. Took a week and had to use my mac mini in its place. Oh I can't tell you how painfull that was. Every little thing was slower. Just got my G5 back tonight and WOW the speed is unbelievable and its only a dual 2ghz. I can't imagine what those quads will feel like too bad I had to cancel my order due to low funds.

Stike
Oct 29, 2005, 08:48 PM
Boohoo, I feel for you.. :p Not :p

I am still a happy camper with my PowerMac G4 933 (!) - if you leave out those games, but what are consoles for? ;)
So quit complaining about that Mini, its faster than what I got... :o

2nyRiggz
Oct 29, 2005, 09:11 PM
hey give me the mini if its too slow for you....i'll make good use of it:)

Bless

MacTruck
Oct 29, 2005, 09:30 PM
Boohoo, I feel for you.. :p Not :p

I am still a happy camper with my PowerMac G4 933 (!) - if you leave out those games, but what are consoles for? ;)
So quit complaining about that Mini, its faster than what I got... :o

LOL. Dude you gots to upgrade!!

Apple store has the dual 2ghz for $1449. Now thats a DEAL!

Chad A Wright
Oct 29, 2005, 10:19 PM
Sorry for you, but this just makes me excited. I'm currently using a 1Ghz Powerbook and 1.42 Ghz Mac mini for everything, including design and video work. It's sloooow when working with 180MB files in Photoshop. I just bought it as a stop gap until they released new Powermacs. Now I can't wait for my Quad to get here. It's going to seem like Heaven compared with the mini.

Chad

MacTruck
Oct 29, 2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry for you, but this just makes me excited. I'm currently using a 1Ghz Powerbook and 1.42 Ghz Mac mini for everything, including design and video work. It's sloooow when working with 180MB files in Photoshop. I just bought it as a stop gap until they released new Powermacs. Now I can't wait for my Quad to get here. It's going to seem like Heaven compared with the mini.

Chad

Quad says, "Warp speed sir"?

Proud owner, "Make it so number 4"?

generik
Oct 29, 2005, 11:46 PM
Had a fan bearing start to rattle on my G5 so I took it into the apple store for repair. Took a week and had to use my mac mini in its place. Oh I can't tell you how painfull that was. Every little thing was slower. Just got my G5 back tonight and WOW the speed is unbelievable and its only a dual 2ghz. I can't imagine what those quads will feel like too bad I had to cancel my order due to low funds.

How much ram do you have on the mini?

MacTruck
Oct 29, 2005, 11:50 PM
How much ram do you have on the mini?

1gb