PDA

View Full Version : 5G iPod better than I thought

mikemodena
Oct 29, 2005, 09:20 PM
Well.. I didn't expect to be getting a new iPod but ever since my mini died I have been feeling very lonely without music on the go. I have a 1st gen mini I bought for my girlfriend's birthday last week but I would feel guilty about using that. I sent my mini in for repair and will probably be getting a new unit from apple sometime during the week.

For the past few days I have been working on a website for my town's Mayor and his campaign (www.phantom9.us/mayorborer) and I got a much bigger check than I expected. I went and cashed it and couldn't even close my wallet, so I had to go to CompUSA and buy a brand new iPod :D Oh, I forgot to mention I also had a $100 gift certificate they gave me for the fiasco with my PowerMac. I did pretty good because my friend Dana works there and got me $20 off with his discount. The problem with that was I gave the cashier $200 and I got like 60 cents back, and I was wondering what kind of a discount does he get.. then I looked at the receipt and it said I paid $180. I wanted to raise hell but in fear of getting Dana in trouble, I decided to let them close for the night and when the register was over $20 they would give it to him to give to me.

The iPod is beautiful.. I watched a few episodes of Diggnation on it and it looks absolutely amazing. I have to buy some episodes of Night Stalker to catch up on and I can't wait to watch it. I didn't notice any scratching as I've read about but the back does get fingerprints on it immediately. The colors on it are amazing and look great.. Now I need to actually look for album art. Anyone know where a good place to get it from?

Well, I'm very excited about getting the iPod.. thanks for listening to my rant. :D

iHateWindows
Oct 29, 2005, 10:00 PM
Lucky...

iTunes album art (http://tpemble.urfbownd.net/itunes/itunes-art.php)

BTW, how did you encode your videos?

eXan
Oct 29, 2005, 10:06 PM
Congrates on your new iPod. I was too thinking of buying 30 gig white one, but I realised that i *want* but don't *need* one :)

Im happy with my Black and White U2 Special Edition :D

EricBrian
Oct 29, 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, love my black iPod, too! :)

Been watching Night Stalker on it and am amazed at how nice the video is. Can't wait for Apple to add more shows to the store.

About scratching... I left the plastic protector on it until I get my protectors from http://www.screenguardz.com/mediaplayers/ipod-video--g5

I keep bragging about it to my coworkers and I fear they hate me now. LOL

mikemodena
Oct 29, 2005, 10:27 PM
BTW, how did you encode your videos?

I used 3 eMacs in my schools studio to go through about 4541547 hours of footage in FCP to get clips of his stance on things... I edited it, threw in the title.. then exported them 1 by 1 uncompressed. I took it home on a FW HD to my G5 and used Compressor to encode it at h.264 300kbps. Took a couple hours :p