Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
hahaha, pretty funny to read them now. :)

"just what we need.. ANOTHER MP3 PLAYER!"

"BRING BACK THE NEWTON!"

I love it! :)

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
That's amazing to read! Being relatively new to the forums, I've never seen those old posts. So many negatives and look how the iPod has taken off:D It makes you wonder what the next thing will be that everyone boos...

Sweet! 100th post :eek:

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
old fricken thread said:
heres an idea Apple - rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why dont you spend a little more time sorting out your pathetically expensive and crap server line up?
or are you really aiming to become a glorified consumer gimmicks firm?

Yeah really! Wheres the G5!? That thing would make an awesome server! I betcha anything it'll get to 3 GHz by 2003 and be in PowerBooks by 2004! That iPod... all it will be is just another useless toy and will never get the company anywhere.

On a happier note, I am really looking foward to iTunes 2 coming out in November! Will it be more compatible with OS X, do you guys think?

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
im_to_hyper said:
Yeah really! Wheres the G5!? That thing would make an awesome server! I betcha anything it'll get to 3 GHz by 2003 and be in PowerBooks by 2004! That iPod... all it will be is just another useless toy and will never get the company anywhere.

On a happier note, I am really looking foward to iTunes 2 coming out in November! Will it be more compatible with OS X, do you guys think?
I say f--- the G5-- and the iPod. What apple really needs it to admit their fault and switch to intel. Who's with me?

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2005
jmufellow said:
I say f--- the G5-- and the iPod. What apple really needs it to admit their fault and switch to intel. Who's with me?

I am, and I can't wait until Panther comes out!:p

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
jmufellow said:

Intel, WTF are you smoking? I guar-un-tee'ya that'll never happen! Apple will switch to Intel if hell freezes over and Bill Gates decides to convince people to buy Macs!

iHateWindows said:
I am, and I can't wait until Panther comes out!

Panther, what the heck is that? I'm looking foward to 10.2! Maybe we can get some extra features and a nicer browser to replace IE which they need to update soon! I am thinking IE 6 by 2002, at the latest. Microsoft is always on the ball with their Mac upgrades.

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
im_to_hyper said:
Intel, WTF are you smoking? I guar-un-tee'ya that'll never happen! Apple will switch to Intel if hell freezes over and Bill Gates decides to convince people to buy Macs!
Hey man, it's just a hunch. a buddy of mine once told me I have supernatural powers! who knows but all i have to say is if and when they switch to intel...BAM...I was the first to predict it.

That panther dude is who you should be asking whats smokin.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
jmufellow said:
Hey man, it's just a hunch. a buddy of mine once told me I have supernatural powers! who knows but all i have to say is if and when they switch to intel...BAM...I was the first to predict it.

That panther dude is who you should be asking whats smokin.

Yeah, you're probably right! I could see Intel happening if Microsoft somehow seemed to abandon them because MS decided to support AMD during a crazy legal battle... yeah... that would work.

This Panther thing confuses me still. Lets take it one step at a time here. We first need 10.2 (either Jaguar or TomCat, not sure which) and then we can focus on the long term. I also want an update to 9.3 for better Classic support and ability to boot natively on new-world machines.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I find this comment, from one of the few from that period still around, quite amusing:
Toooooo expensive piece of crap!!!

I said the Cube was overpriced and should cost $1200, this piece of Sh... should cost no more than $90.

Apple is selling a bunch of overpriced things like the TiBook that won't be resellable for more than $1300 in less than 6 month because it is not upgredable.

This iPod is for spoil rich kids with insane parents or an Apple fan as fannatic as a Taliban. It has good features but forget about getting it for $399!!!! Never, who gets that thing is a very stupid person.

Steve Jobs is under terrible consuling or is under too much pot. This propusal is not realistic at all. If Apple does something like this again is going down.

This unit may work for an audio engeneer to record some conference or rock band on the field in place of buying a expensive DAT machine, that is the only real good market this machinne is gonna have.
Guess who? ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Boy, nobody liked the iPod much did they?

It's so funny reading all these iPod horror stories isn't it.

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
The site admins could save so much space just by taking these threads and search and replace whatever is the newest product and price.... :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
snowmoon said:
The site admins could save so much space just by taking these threads and search and replace whatever is the newest product and price.... :)

Yup. I think this would be a great place for a form-letter style thread that gets wheeled out after every announcement with the spaces filled in by whatever is in the title.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.