PDA

View Full Version : Brand New 12" Powerbook

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 12:35 AM
Today i went to the apple store and bought a 12 inch powerbook its is so awesome. i just have one question. i just installed microsoft office onto the computer and was wondering how to get rid of the test run that came preinstalled.

GoCubsGo
Oct 30, 2005, 12:40 AM
When I installed MS Office student version the test drive just went away. But if you have a folder that contains the test drive files and it is not the same folder as MS Office full then just drag it to the trash to delete.

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 12:43 AM
will that perminantly delete off the HD?

GoCubsGo
Oct 30, 2005, 12:44 AM
As far as I know it will.

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 12:48 AM
cool thanks by the way im new to mac and i hav to say its pretty cool

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 01:36 AM
i was just wondering when i unplug my powerbook from the power adapter the screen goes dimmer and when i plug it bak in it gets bright again is this supposed to happen?

Danksi
Oct 30, 2005, 01:49 AM
i was just wondering when i unplug my powerbook from the power adapter the screen goes dimmer and when i plug it bak in it gets bright again is this supposed to happen?

Sounds like your energy saver is lowering your screen brightness when running on battery power. You should be able to adjust this in the energy saver app.

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 01:53 AM
and how do i do that? i also have another question. i was playing around with ichat with my friend who also has a powerbook and neither of us could hear each other when we were using it can someone tell me how to use i chat to talk to someone? sorry im new with this.

katie ta achoo
Oct 30, 2005, 01:56 AM
and how do i do that? i also have another question. i was playing around with ichat with my friend who also has a powerbook and neither of us could hear each other when we were using it can someone tell me how to use i chat to talk to someone? sorry im new with this.

og into sys prefs -> sounds -> input -> make sure your mic is on

when I first got my PB, I couldn't figure it out
I went to the apple store to ask about it
]I felt soooo dumb!

mad jew
Oct 30, 2005, 01:01 AM
and how do i do that?

To change the settings so that the screen won't dim on battery power, go to System Preferences, click on Energy Saver go to Options and make sure the drop down list at the top says Battery. Now, uncheck Reduce The Brightness Of The Built-In Display...

By the way, the screen brightness can be manually toggled using the F1 and F2 keys. :)

Enjoy the new Mac, welcome to the community.

broncoball
Oct 30, 2005, 12:52 PM
thanks but i think im gunna keep it like it is because just having it normal is draining the battery out fast so i dont want it to drain faster