Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soundtail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Hi All,

I currently have a mid 2012 MBA and was given beats by dre headphones. I noticed that the headphones took way too much space on my desk, or when I was travelling on flights, so I came up with the Soundtail which allows you to hang your premium headphones on your MBA.

I just threw it up on Quirky so feel free to check it out and if you like it please vote!

http://www.quirky.com/ideations/494226

I have attached a few photos so let me know if you guys have any feedback!

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
This seems quite cool. Why not put it up on kickstarter? I'm sure you'll get loads of people there who would want it.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I would want there to be some felt tip lining on the inside of it to ensure it doesn't scratch my MBA. In addition, I would want it to take up as much surface space on the top of the MBA as possible to minimize the risk of it putting a dent in the MBA. Most Mac lovers baby their Macs. Remember that when you invent anything for a Mac.

Best wishes.

AppleMacNerd

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I would want there to be some felt tip lining on the inside of it to ensure it doesn't scratch my MBA. In addition, I would want it to take up as much surface space on the top of the MBA as possible to minimize the risk of it putting a dent in the MBA. Most Mac lovers baby their Macs. Remember that when you invent anything for a Mac.

Best wishes.

To be fair to the op a pair of headphones aren't that heavy to dent your macbook air. Although a felt lining would be better and maybe not white plastic maybe grey might work better considering aluminium is all of apples laptops now adays.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
To be fair to the op a pair of headphones aren't that heavy to dent your macbook air. Although a felt lining would be better and maybe not white plastic maybe grey might work better considering aluminium is all of apples laptops now adays.

Probably wouldn't dent it, but that isn't good enough for me. Think of accidentally snagging the headphones. It isn't the weight of the headphones, it's hitting anything with them or anything tugging them down.

I am a Mac person, and I want my Mac to be PERFECT. If it gets scratched, dented, or worse, I am going to replace it. I don't want a headphone carrier to ruin it for me.

Honestly, the idea is okay, but I don't see a lot of need for this. I really think if the OP puts his or her head in the game would come up with something more marketable. I don't see big market demand for this. Sorry, just my opinion after some thought.

I have invented over 400 things myself, and most of them are just drawings on paper now. There wasn't a big enough demand or market to proceed. And for some of them the technology just isn't there yet. The biggest factor in inventing something is will it be profitable. It has to be extremely marketable to a large audience to fit that bill.

I think the OP will invent something better with his or her next idea. Just my two cents after further thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.