PDA

View Full Version : 5G available iPod in London? Videos available in Italy?

Synapple
Oct 30, 2005, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

I am a commuter and have a hard time ordering on-line as I never know where I will be when my new toy gets delivered...
I am on a business travel to London from 7 Nov though and was wondering whether anyone knows if they have video iPod in stock there.

On a different topic, i have an account for the Italian iTMS, as I frequently commute and have a bank account over there, but cannot seem to find any video content in it, even if I clearly remember seeing some music videos on it (Madonna videos, specifically) when the 5G iPod was released.

Can anyone confirm any of the above?

Thanks all

regards

carpe diem
Oct 30, 2005, 08:17 AM
They should be availible in london and the italian store should have video's.

Chundles
Oct 30, 2005, 09:08 AM
It all depends on what Apple has negotiated with the individual nation.

Here in Aus we have music videos and Pixar shorts but no TV shows, this is the majority case outside the US. No other country besides the US has the ABC and Disney TV shows available.

There should be an option for music videos under the Genre pull down menu. Let me go have a look and I'll report back.

Chundles
Oct 30, 2005, 09:16 AM
Nope, you're right.

From my quick search around on the Italian store there are no music videos to be found, only those that come with an album.

Bugger eh?

Synapple
Oct 30, 2005, 09:37 AM
Nope, you're right.

From my quick search around on the Italian store there are no music videos to be found, only those that come with an album.

Bugger eh?

yeah, totally... :(

Thanks for checking out anyway... I was so sure I had seen something before, that I was going crazy looking for it on the store!

carpe diem
Oct 30, 2005, 11:18 AM
The british store has music videos why shouldnt the italian one

Synapple
Oct 30, 2005, 11:38 AM
The british store has music videos why shouldnt the italian one

Yeah, I can't quite get that myself...
I remember there was even a Top100 Videos box a few days ago on the Italian store, and now puff... it's just disappeared...

I'm clueless

driftingaway
Oct 30, 2005, 11:43 AM
According to an unnamed employee at Regent Street store, "yeah we have ********s...oops"

His blatant disregard for Apple's language standards cracked me up and I purchased a 30GB white 5G from him right away ;)

Chundles
Oct 30, 2005, 11:54 AM
According to an unnamed employee at Regent Street store, "yeah we have ********s...oops"

His blatant disregard for Apple's language standards cracked me up and I purchased a 30GB white 5G from him right away ;)

I would too, I hate stuffy business types.

I will fork over a lot of cash to the next Apple store employee who can greet me with "Chundles" ya mongrel 'ow are ya ya bastard?!" Whilst grinning and having a bit of a chuckle.

Synapple
Oct 30, 2005, 12:01 PM

lol :D that's great... thanks for lettin me know

pashazade
Oct 30, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

I am a commuter and have a hard time ordering on-line as I never know where I will be when my new toy gets delivered...
I am on a business travel to London from 7 Nov though and was wondering whether anyone knows if they have video iPod in stock there.

regards

The Apple Store has them now but if they have sold out by the 7th you should try MicroAnvika, John Lewis or The Square Group as the major resellers. There are multiple MicroAnvikas so if one store doesn't have it the others may.

Good luck.

Synapple
Oct 30, 2005, 12:08 PM
The Apple Store has them now but if they have sold out by the 7th you should try MicroAnvika, John Lewis or The Square Group as the major resellers. There are multiple MicroAnvikas so if one store doesn't have it the others may.

Good luck.

Thanks pashazade.
Is anyone of these stores you mentioned located in Westminster/Soho? My office is in Victoria Street and my hotel in Soho... I have to lug my boss around all the time when she's in London with me and I'm not sure she'd agree in chasing an ipod for half an afternoon! :o

macOSX-tastic
Oct 30, 2005, 12:40 PM
i was in the london store yesterday, and will be going there tomorrow to perhaps buy a 30GB video ipod. they seemed to be on shelves everywhere, i wouldnt worry about it, i think apple had anticipated demand....either that or they arent selling well there:(