PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air Trackpad

charlieasmith96
May 17, 2013, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Recently (past 4 months or so) my trackpad on my 2012 MacBook Air has lost all of it's tactility and does no longer press down, as if it has sunken into the base. If I take it to an Apple Retail Store, will they replace the laptop or will they simply fix it? I heard there was a screw to adjust the tightening or something, but not sure if that applies to the air.

Thanks!

DisplacedMic
May 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hi,

Recently (past 4 months or so) my trackpad on my 2012 MacBook Air has lost all of it's tactility and does no longer press down, as if it has sunken into the base. If I take it to an Apple Retail Store, will they replace the laptop or will they simply fix it? I heard there was a screw to adjust the tightening or something, but not sure if that applies to the air.

Thanks!

that should be covered under your warranty - i imagine they would definitely try and fix it before just replacing the laptop - especially if it really is just a matter of adjusting a screw.

i would get this looked at ASAP :-)

charlieasmith96
May 17, 2013, 03:21 PM
that should be covered under your warranty - i imagine they would definitely try and fix it before just replacing the laptop - especially if it really is just a matter of adjusting a screw.

i would get this looked at ASAP :-)

Do you reckon they would replace the model or do a repair of the trackpad?

DisplacedMic
May 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
Do you reckon they would replace the model or do a repair of the trackpad?

im not sure i understand your question... like i said, i imagine they would definitely try and fix it before just replacing the laptop - especially if it really is just a matter of adjusting a screw.

charlieasmith96
May 17, 2013, 04:22 PM
im not sure i understand your question... like i said, i imagine they would definitely try and fix it before just replacing the laptop - especially if it really is just a matter of adjusting a screw.

That's answered my question, just wondered if they were repairable or whether they had to be completely replaced due to Apple's seemingly disposable behaviour nowadays...

Thank you!

DisplacedMic
May 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
That's answered my question, just wondered if they were repairable or whether they had to be completely replaced due to Apple's seemingly disposable behaviour nowadays...

Thank you!

i suppose that depends on what you have done to it. either way, 4 months without a trackpad sounds awful...to me the trackpad alone keeps me coming back to the macbooks.

charlieasmith96
May 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
i suppose that depends on what you have done to it. either way, 4 months without a trackpad sounds awful...to me the trackpad alone keeps me coming back to the macbooks.

I just turn tap to click on, but I much prefer actually clicking

DisplacedMic
May 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
I just turn tap to click on, but I much prefer actually clicking

oh i see, so then yes, i imagine that's an easy fix
good luck!