PDA

View Full Version : Some email slowwww....

fisherking
May 17, 2013, 09:27 PM
not sure where to post this...

a friend (on gmail) has sent me several emails that take a couple of days to arrive; for example, she emailed me 11am may 15th; i got her email at 10pm may 17th. this only happens occasionally (and only recently).

i get my mail in apple mail, but thru hypermart (i have a website with my address).

any thoughts? old mailman? or...??? seems odd...

Weaselboy
May 18, 2013, 09:44 AM
I don't see how this would have anything to do with your Mac. It would be dependent on whoever your or the sender's email provider is.

fisherking
May 18, 2013, 11:20 AM
I don't see how this would have anything to do with your Mac. It would be dependent on whoever your or the sender's email provider is.

you think it's gmail? yeah, i realize it's not the mac, just not sure where to investigate.

thanx!

Weaselboy
May 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
you think it's gmail? yeah, i realize it's not the mac, just not sure where to investigate.

thanx!

I would think it is more likely your host (hyper mart) or we would be hearing tons of people screaming about GMail.

Pull up a message that was delayed and look at the long headers (shift-command-h). You should be able to see each server it went through along the way with a time stamp. That should point you to the offender.

fisherking
May 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
I would think it is more likely your host (hyper mart) or we would be hearing tons of people screaming about GMail.

Pull up a message that was delayed and look at the long headers (shift-command-h). You should be able to see each server it went through along the way with a time stamp. That should point you to the offender.

makes sense, and will check that out (and torture hypermart about it).

thanx again!