PDA

View Full Version : bluetoothe hardware not found in win 7x64 pro on late 09 27" i7 imac

loquid
May 19, 2013, 04:04 AM
first, i apologize if there is a thread that addresses this exact issue. simple direct me to the correct thread.

so i have a late 09 27" i7 imac that i am running win 7 x64 pro on. in the past i have had problems getting the BT to show up in windows, but installing the widcomm bluetooth software has fixed it... recently i upgraded from SL to ML and re-installed windows due to corrupt files and BT was working fine... for a while.

now it seems that the BT hardware has disappeared from my win 7 completely and i have no clue as to why. i have reinstalled the widcomm software as well as updated win 7 completely (since the adapter stopped working, hoping this would fix the issue) and widcomm is telling me that my computer does not have a bluetooth adapter installed. i know my BT adapter is running just fine because i have no issues what so ever in ML.

i have tried to update my bootcamp software and drivers several times in the past but it always fails and i can find no solutions for it or a work around anywhere. its almost as if apple knows the HW has issues and they are not putting out proper fixes to get things sorted out properly.
does anybody know of a solution to get the BT adapter to work again in win 7 x64 pro SP1.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.