Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
This thing is fake! DO NOT BUY IT!

Last edited:

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Is this real?

https://www.dealyup.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/43

Is this for a new and Apple official one? I never click on Ads but this popped up on FB today so I just want to check with the members of MR before I buy.

Judging by both the pics and the price, I'd guess that these are not official apple chargers. Have one right next to me and the USB bit is a good deal longer than it appears in the photos (the original apple charger, the white part on the USB end is a hair longer than the metal bit....and both the metal and plastic are longer on the original). The plastic on the lightning end appears shorter too...and the sheath around the cable looks different as well. Now again, that's just judging based on possibly poor quality photos...but at 8 bucks a piece, I'd say these are unlikely to be the original cables.

That having been said, at 8 bucks, it might be worth ordering one and seeing how ya do - minimal investment, minimal risk etc. Worst case scenario you threw away 8 bucks. Best case scenario you have an extra iphone cable.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Cheap iPhone Chargers

You can order it but i recommend that you can see if you can return the cable if it does not work. I would get the amazon basic cable for $14 and plus you get amazons warranty with replacements.
AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter)
http://amzn.com/B009SYZ8OC

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

----------

Tell us if you order it and how it is when you receive it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
$4 right now. Minimum order of 2. 5 Hours remaining to order.

FREE shipping and FREE returns on this product for any reason. This item ships today if your order is placed before 5PM EST. If you are not fully satisfied with this product then you may return it for FREE to us for any reason within 30 days. Simply contact us at support@dealyup.com and we will email you an RMA number and a return shipping label.

Good enough for me. :)

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
$4 right now. Minimum order of 2. 5 Hours remaining to order.

Good enough for me. :)

People have blown phones up and been electrocuted with fake chargers. A simple google search and recent news reports will tell you that. Why spend £520 or the equivalent and then getting a ****** £2 charger?

Nickeejamz

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2013
Do not purchase !!!
I seen it on fb and I bought 3 last Thursday and it has not been sent to me. And I had sent an email to the dealyup support and they said it was delivered to me which is a lie !
And not only that but I had seen that these chargers are not even the real kinds, they are fake that's why they're so cheap. Don't fall for it like i did ! Lol

nilzi

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2013
never buy fake iPhone accessories or parts on the illegal onlinestore, or it may endanger our life.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.