PDA

View Full Version : Battery meter goes down fast in 5th gen?

tdogg20
Oct 30, 2005, 05:24 PM
My battery meter goes down to half in about 30-45 min of whatever i do whether its playing music or watching video, but when it had one small sliver of red in the meter left it ran for like 45 min on that so in total the iPod ran for about 1 hr and 20 min while watching a video, when i was sometimes going back to check the battery meter, and fast forwarding. Is there something wrong? Whats wrong with it? And will it affect the iPod? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Also ive tried resetting it and that did nothing.

pdpfilms
Oct 30, 2005, 05:41 PM
My battery meter goes down to half in about 30-45 min of whatever i do whether its playing music or watching video, but when it had one small sliver of red in the meter left it ran for like 45 min on that so in total the iPod ran for about 1 hr and 20 min while watching a video, when i was sometimes going back to check the battery meter, and fast forwarding. Is there something wrong? Whats wrong with it? And will it affect the iPod? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Also ive tried resetting it and that did nothing.
Try fully charging it... 5 hours at least. Then, fully drain it. Repeat 2 or 3 times, and the battry will be most accurately calibrated and should read correctly, as well as have a longer life.

solinent
Oct 30, 2005, 06:26 PM
same thing happend with my nano, its just the battery like pdpfilms said.

tdogg20
Oct 31, 2005, 08:16 PM
I did it twice and it didn't help at all. Im trying it the third time tonight, but is there any more suggestions as to what could be wrong or does it just take time for the battery to respond correctly. By the way I drained the iPod using videos and charged it over night twice if that matters.

tdogg20
Oct 31, 2005, 09:03 PM
Someone please Help!!!!!!!

kuruptr
Oct 31, 2005, 09:08 PM
your ipod has issues, get it replaced.

buttercup
Nov 1, 2005, 06:53 PM
your ipod has issues, get it replaced.

Does it for sure? I noticed the same thing on my new ipod. I have fully charged and discharged it twice and both times it seemed to get to the red awfully fast and then take forever to actually die.

Jay42
Nov 1, 2005, 06:59 PM
Yesterday, 09:16 PM: I did it twice and it didn't help at all. Im trying it the third time tonight, but is there any more suggestions as to what could be wrong or does it just take time for the battery to respond correctly. By the way I drained the iPod using videos and charged it over night twice if that matters.

Yesterday, 10:03 PM: Someone please Help!!!!!!!
Wow, you couldn't even wait an hour?!? Sometimes you need to take a step back and realize its only an iPod. But that's only my opinion.