PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take your 5g to be recognized?

briangig
Oct 30, 2005, 06:03 PM
I've only owned a 3g before...and my new 5g takes almost exactly a minute to show up in itunes. I triend disabling disk use, and it still did the same thing...i am using USB2. How long does everyone elses take?

edit: i just noticed its formatted in windows...i think that is why.

mjstew33
Oct 30, 2005, 06:07 PM
edit: i just noticed its formatted in windows...i think that is why.
should that matter?

My iPod (in sig) takes a minute+ to load too

pdpfilms
Oct 30, 2005, 06:24 PM
My 60gb 5g filled with 52gb takes a matter of seconds to recognize... But about a minte to change from "do not disconnect" icon to main menu upon ejecting.

MikeyHoi
Oct 30, 2005, 06:44 PM
My 5th gen 30g takes 5-10 seconds to be recognized and only about 15 to be ready after hitting eject. Like you said, reformatting as mac might solve the problem.

Ferrence
Oct 30, 2005, 10:30 PM
Was it the first time you plugged it in to sync? The first time I synch'd mine, It took about a minute to recognize.

Orlando Furioso
Oct 30, 2005, 11:23 PM
I've noticed this at school with a lot of my pc using cohorts. During the day they experience noticeable lag time when it comes to the macs recognizing their ipods. Mine never had that issue since it was properly raised on a mac to begin with. However, I cannot seem to get any windoze machine to mount it properly (it knows it is plugged in, just won't allow me access to my content).

My roommate recently reformatted his ipod and updated it from his new G5. It works perfectly now for him also (quick mount).

If it is a huge problem, you can always reformat like it has been suggested above.

powerbook911
Oct 31, 2005, 12:26 AM
Well, my computer recognized iPod very quickly, if there is some battery life. If the battery is drained to zero, my computer doesn't show the iPod, for about one minute. Otherwise, it is fast enough.