Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I have ZERO Gmail contacts and 300 iPhone contacts. I'd like to sync (or transfer) my iPhone contacts to Gmail. I looked it up and there's like a million answers. What's the easiest/best way?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland

I'm pretty sure that method doesn't get pre-existing iPhone contacts into Google...but it is the proper way to get Google contacts set up.

You need to find a way to export your iPhone contacts then use the Google web interface to import them. I've done it before but I honestly can't remember which iPhone app I used or if it would work in the current iOS.

Hopefully, someone will chime in.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Follow the steps in the link above. And then on the iPhone, setup iCloud and merge existing 300 contact on iPhone to iCloud. From there using a computer go to icloud.com and export them to a file. From there login to gmail and import file. After that, go back to iCloud.com and delete contacts. Then go back to iPhone and turn iCloud contacts off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.