PDA

View Full Version : Quick Ipod Pc Charge Quiestion....

mikebatho
Oct 31, 2005, 08:28 AM
I'm going to visit a friend on the other side of the country this weekend, and want to be able to give my ipod a full charge before the return journey, to make sure I'm not left without music.

The only computers they have at the house are PCs. Providing they have a USB port, and I take my lead with me, will I be able to use their computer to charge my ipod without screwing with it in any way...?

If so, when I'm done, how will I 'eject' my ipod(mini) before unplugging it, so as not to damage anything...?

Thanks...

snowmoon
Oct 31, 2005, 08:33 AM
If iTunes is not installed no ejection should be required. If iTunes is installed you should eject as normal. Any POWERED USB port should be fine for charging.

mikebatho
Oct 31, 2005, 08:43 AM
I'd eject as normal by dragging my icon from the desktop to the trash, will this be the same on PC? Will the ipod icon just pop up on the desktop when I plug in...?

fayans
Oct 31, 2005, 08:52 AM
Why are you leaving home w/out your power adapter? :rolleyes:

mikebatho
Oct 31, 2005, 08:59 AM
I don't have one, obviously............

im_to_hyper
Oct 31, 2005, 09:08 AM
I'd eject as normal by dragging my icon from the desktop to the trash, will this be the same on PC? Will the ipod icon just pop up on the desktop when I plug in...?

You can "eject" it on Windows 2000 or XP by clicking on the "safely remove hardware" icon in your system tray. Its the icon with the little green arrow. Right click on it then click on "Apple iPod (Drive letter here:)"

fayans
Oct 31, 2005, 09:10 AM
Your iPod icon should show up in My Computer and you could just safely unplug it from it. ;)