PDA

View Full Version : Installer Opening 100s Of Windows Each Time I Try To Install Something!

PeteJames
May 23, 2013, 06:17 PM
This is really odd and its driving me mad. Last time I opened installer when I was browsing my receipts folder all the installers for all the apps in that folder opened. I've rebooted but every time I try to install and app these 100 odd receipts installers open automatically all over the screen. When I try to delete them manually installer crashes on the 3rd window deletion. When I force quit they simply return the next time I open installer :mad: Very odd indeed! Is there some way to reset installer? I've googled but the methods I found didn't work.

I also seem to be getting a bug when copying folders - the folders don't refresh properly after the download has completed so it will still show the bar on the folder icon for time remaining and a cross to the top right like it is still copying. Force relaunch of finder solves this but it's still annoying.

benwiggy
May 24, 2013, 02:43 AM
You can open an app without "resuming" its open documents by holding shift when it launches, I think.
If that doesn't work, <command><alt>W should close all open windows. <Command><alt>Q will close all windows and Quit.

Sounds like you somehow accidentally selected the entire contents of the Receipts folder and then opened them.