Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Hi,

For those of you that has the new PB 15". Does it ran any cooler than the previous one?
Also, is the speed substantial enough to run ichat video, some newer games etc? Or should I wait for the 7448 update if that ever comes?
Is battery time as good as some posts seem to indicate?

Thanks

NPH

thairs

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2005
Re:

I just recieved my 15"pb a couple of days ago, and the battery has held up pretty well. At 3 bars over the halfway point for brightness, I get an estimated 5 hours with airport extreme and bluetooth turned off. With AE turned on, about 4 1/2 hours or so(I haven't actually timed it, but it seems about right in the times I've toted it along to school). I haven't noticed it getting any warmer than any other laptop I've had(toshiba satellite, old ibm). I've been playing WoW with only 512mb of ram, and I get right around 40fps in cities and rural areas, about 25-30fps in instances, pretty happy with it so far(and another 1gb stick will help out a lot). If you don't already have a current pb, I'd say go for the new 15" pb, best computer purchase I've ever made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.