PDA

View Full Version : "Vintage" Powerbook DLSD Apple Service in CA?

California
May 24, 2013, 05:12 AM
Inherited an identical DLSD 15" Powerbook to my own. Can Apple still service these machines in California? i know PB's final revision were sold through the end of 2006 in CA, because I bought one. They were not discontinued until about this time in 2006 as I recall.

I think there has to be a seven year time period for CA to discontinue servicing on Apple machines?

goMac
May 24, 2013, 02:56 PM
Inherited an identical DLSD 15" Powerbook to my own. Can Apple still service these machines in California? i know PB's final revision were sold through the end of 2006 in CA, because I bought one. They were not discontinued until about this time in 2006 as I recall.

I think there has to be a seven year time period for CA to discontinue servicing on Apple machines?

Apple will maintain vintage machines are parts as available only in California. (Lucky for you.)

Lil Chillbil
May 25, 2013, 01:05 AM

If you have been to roseville galleria lately I got my powerbook serviced there and yes they do still service them and imac g5s and stuff

skateny
May 25, 2013, 01:46 PM
For New Yorkers, TEKSERVE -- which has been around since 1987 -- still services all Macs though, of course, they have a limited capacity to supply parts. Initial consultation/estimate has always been free.

I'd frequently stop by when I was in the area, just to see/try out both older and newer Macs since, for a long time, there was no such thing as a physical Apple Store. It used to be like a huge garage filled with people who loved their Macs and who loved to help people who stopped by. Sorta like a genius bar.

Judging by their Web site, it now looks like they've followed Apple and have become a giant sales/service conglomerate.