PDA

View Full Version : iOS features that you think must come?

jimmy 7
May 24, 2013, 08:31 PM
What updates do you want to see or do you think that are necessary to come in this?:eek::apple:

Lancer
May 25, 2013, 06:11 AM
Multitasking !

liynus
May 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
it really needs a better weather icon. it's sad it doesn't change.

beaniemyman
May 25, 2013, 08:56 AM
better music and notes app!:)

ppeyton1143
May 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
a new and better music app, really bored of the current app.

otismotive77
May 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
new lock screen
new calculator
new call log

cmChimera
May 25, 2013, 05:38 PM
Up Next. Quick Reply.

jbenkelman
May 25, 2013, 10:01 PM
After spending some time on the iOS 7 threads, I have come across some things that I wouldn't mind seeing changed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my iPhone and the way it looks and feels. I also LOVE CHANGE. When something is new and fresh I can fall in love with it all over again, just like I felt when the original iPhone came out. I tried Android, and it was just too slow and un-finished in my opinion. iOS 5 was good, iOS 6 was okay. I have high hopes that Ive will be able to wow me with a new operating system the same way I am wow'd by the beauty of the hardware he creates.

Here is what I would like to see!

Functionality:

:apple: Quick Access Settings (WiFi/Bluetooth) - I am on the go all the time, and these things being easier to access would save me so much hassle.

:apple: Group Message Fix - we have all been there, New Years Eve, and you get included in a group message with 3 iPhone users, and 5 sms users...you know what happens.

:apple: Lock Screen Update - the look of the lock screen is iconic. It was the first thing we saw when the iPhone was announced, and its does hold a special place in my heart, but I need to be able to do more with it now...we've moved on.

:apple: New Calendar App - OVERHAUL - there are options out there that are just so much better, and I love when Apple has the best option. They have the means to make this app the best out there.

:apple: New Music App - iTunes 11 Style? - we haven't seen much change here since the original iPod touch came out. I could use a refresh for the sake of a refresh. Love my iPhone for the music, and I use this app almost more than all of the other apps combined.

:apple: Choice of Default Apps - Chrome > Safari plain and simple. Either make safari better, or give me the option to use Chrome. Is that so much to ask? ;)

Design:

:apple: New Icons - Fresh, Flat, Friendly - When I update apps, sometimes what excites me most is a new icon. I love the design aspect, the art parts, of icons. I think a good icon makes the app. If the icon looks like trash...I will hide it in a folder and end up forgetting it is even there.

:apple: Photos Icon (sunflower, really?) sent to the trash! - I have had an iPhone for a long time...and I have yet to take a picture of a sunflower...so why use it as the icon? If we were being realistic by kind of pictures people take it should be either a plate of food, a selfie, or a mirror picture with abs. For real though...lets get a little more creative!

:apple: Easier Settings Flow - I have yet to own a phone that really did this well. Blackberry has the settings in each app by hitting the Berry Key. Android does something similar. Putting the settings for a app in a complete different spot doesn't make sense anymore. I don't want to leave an app, open a new app, to change an app?

:apple: Quick Reply/Interactive Notifications - the introduction of notification center was exciting for me. They need to really zoom in and make this the best it can be.

:apple: New App/iTunes Store - Current Layout actually makes me spend LESS time shopping around.

Not Needed, but Would Welcome:

:apple: New Keyboard - Modern feel - Even on Android when I could change my keyboard, I always ended up going back to the built in because it just worked better. Apples keyboard works great, and I can use it with my eyes closed at this point...so maybe just change the look and not the spacing/location of the characters.

:apple: Yahoo! integration - Yahoo weather is amazing. - I think Apple and Yahoo! have something in the works. By Google + iPhone. Hello Yahoo! + iPhone

:apple: New folder look and feel - Actually just noticed today how much the "linen" graphic is used, especially in the folders. Just make them more...Apple.

Really...that's not too much to ask...

----------

Wow. Didn't realize how much I typed.

Apparently I am ready for a change.

Drunken Master
May 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
a new and better music app, really bored of the current app.

It's a music app, it's not supposed to draw attention to itself or entertain people. What's wrong with it?

paulbennett95
May 26, 2013, 12:30 PM
-Redesigned Music App to fit the look of iTunes 11.
-Choosing default apps (only thing I really want from Android)
-Get rid of some of the more flagrant abuses of skeuomorphism (I'm looking at you Notes)
-Some form of quick toggles, heck I'd be happy if you could switch WiFi on/off from the main Settings page (as opposed to have to go to the WiFi page then turn it on/off)
-Live Weather App Icon (why not make that update to what the ACTUAL weather is rather than having it always at 73 and sunny, not everyone lives in Cupertino :mad: )

kot
May 26, 2013, 03:38 PM
So the new iOS will be visually redesigned and will offer integration with Vimeo and Flickr. So it's pretty much decided then, if they were working on new functionality we would have known that by now. And we only know about Flickr and Vimeo integration.

So instead of adding default app selection and shared disk space for apps and catching up with Android in functionality in general, Apple is feeding us with more social cr@p.

What a shame! I hope iPhone sales take a huge hit so that guys there at Apple who are responsible for iOS start actually caring.

cmChimera
May 26, 2013, 04:31 PM
So the new iOS will be visually redesigned and will offer integration with Vimeo and Flickr. So it's pretty much decided then, if they were working on new functionality we would have known that by now. And we only know about Flickr and Vimeo integration.

So instead of adding default app selection and shared disk space for apps and catching up with Android in functionality in general, Apple is feeding us with more social cr@p.

What a shame! I hope iPhone sales take a huge hit so that guys there at Apple who are responsible for iOS start actually caring.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

adildacoolset
May 26, 2013, 05:11 PM

I like the part where you get angry at Apple for iOS 7, before you've even seen it.

Vinamra
May 26, 2013, 05:27 PM

I agree. I hope Apple include's yahoo's weather app as the default weather app!

tmanto02
May 26, 2013, 05:53 PM
Music App: Up next in the music app and more viewing options (view by date added)

Safari: back/forward, refresh and close tab gestures (for iPad).

Iceage
May 26, 2013, 07:11 PM
I want my iPhone to be able to rotate 360 degrees like the iPad so when the headphone jack is better at the top, I have that option. Also, at present I'm using other apps other than Apple's for my music (Rdio/Ecoute), email (Mailbox), weather (Yahoo), stocks (Stock Tracker), maps (Google) and calendar (Fantastical). The next one to go is the contact app ( as soon as the Fantastical app developers comes out with their version). I've got no problems with using other apps besides Apple's stock apps, but Apple should at least give us the option of deleting their versions (I've got a folder call crap apps for those). Apple doesn't even have an iPad version of the Apple store app! Lol

Apple apps need more than a cosmetic makeover, they need to a MAJOR overhaul. They feel old, very old...

Austin M.
May 27, 2013, 12:24 AM
See this? This is my "Crapple" folder. I have trashed 12 of the 25 stock apps Apple has, and it would probably be a lot more if Apple would just allow two things, and I know it's already been said time and time again.

•Let is change default apps, wether it be third party or stock apps.
•Let is delete native, stock Apple apps.

chekz0414
May 27, 2013, 12:43 AM
Apple isn't going to allow people to choose the default apps, or delete the native ones, if you dislike it so much go buy a different phone. Apple is going to work to improve it's default apps, and I have read that the a lot of the stock apps are being redesigned, and Weather will have an "animated" effect for things such as rain, and it should look similar to the Yahoo! weather app in the AppStore.

Austin M.
May 27, 2013, 12:49 AM
Apple isn't going to allow people to choose the default apps, or delete the native ones, if you dislike it so much go buy a different phone. Apple is going to work to improve it's default apps, and I have read that the a lot of the stock apps are being redesigned, and Weather will have an "animated" effect for things such as rain, and it should look similar to the Yahoo! weather app in the AppStore.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this. Apple, despite being extremely selfish at times, would allow this, as a possibility. It's a highly wanted feature among users. And, while I like the fact that Apple is redesigning apps like Weather and making it similar to the Yahoo! weather app, that doesn't matter. There are still going to be many people that have great disdain for stock apps.

chekz0414
May 27, 2013, 12:53 AM
Sorry, but I don't agree with this. Apple, despite being extremely selfish at times, would allow this, as a possibility. It's a highly wanted feature among users. And, while I like the fact that Apple is redesigning apps like Weather and making it similar to the Yahoo! weather app, that doesn't matter. There are still going to be many people that have great disdain for stock apps.

Even though customers request the feature wouldn't be motive enough, I think this can actually open holes in iOS that Apple doesn't wish to open. Otherwise I think it would have been an option awhile ago. OS X is kind of the same way, except it is more open than iOS allowing it to be a bit vulnerable.

gto55
May 27, 2013, 04:15 AM
An AUXO like :D

RTT
May 27, 2013, 05:11 AM
I really like it when I read on Forums 'Apple will not do that' as if they have the ear of Apple. In the end of the day Apple need to sell their devices to survive. Look at past Lotus, WordPerfect, provide what customers want or wither.

jmill155
May 27, 2013, 07:02 AM

Agreed. I use solar and weather live because they look way better than iOS

Xiroteus
May 27, 2013, 07:48 AM
If there is an issue with deleting stock apps at least allow a hide button, stocks is among a few others will likely never be needed.

blitzer09x87
May 27, 2013, 09:54 AM
new and better weather app.
quick reply is also needed.
one more thing: new lock screen

jmill155
May 27, 2013, 10:23 AM
new and better weather app.
quick reply is also needed.
one more thing: new lock screen

Agreed and the ability to customize the lock screen

The Phazer
May 27, 2013, 10:51 AM
Apple is going to work to improve it's default apps

This seems a foolish assumption, given most of them have barely had any improvement since iOS3.

chekz0414
May 27, 2013, 10:52 AM
This seems a foolish assumption, given most of them have barely had any improvement since iOS3.

You obviously haven't read the most recent details for iOS 7.... :rolleyes:

The Phazer
May 27, 2013, 11:09 AM
You obviously haven't read the most recent details for iOS 7.... :rolleyes:

I've read a bunch of rumours, all of which are of cosmetic changes with no functionality improvements.

If there are any others, link to them, but they haven't been repeated by any credible source.

thehustleman
May 27, 2013, 11:09 AM
Nfc
REAL multitasking
Quick toggles in the notification bar
Easier way to turn on hot spot
Ability to install files directly without iTunes

It's 2013 apple, time to catch up.

aheying7
May 27, 2013, 11:17 AM
See this? This is my "Crapple" folder. I have trashed 12 of the 25 stock apps Apple has, and it would probably be a lot more if Apple would just allow two things, and I know it's already been said time and time again.

•Let is change default apps, wether it be third party or stock apps.
•Let is delete native, stock Apple apps.

I find it amusing that you want to delete your phone app off your iPHONE.

I think if we could just hide apps instead of deleting them it would be fine.

5kylar
May 27, 2013, 11:27 AM
I love these threads where everyone posts what they want for the next big iOS release, and they end up just being a bunch features you can already achieve above and beyond with Cydia. Then if Apple doesn't implement everything, people get mad. And if they do, people claim they stole everything from Cydia devs... Ahhhhh, the insanity of humanity, gotta love it ;)

GenesisST
May 27, 2013, 11:36 AM
Location based settings: AKA don't lock the phone when I'm home!

I actually submitted a feature request for this a long time ago.

chekz0414
May 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
I've read a bunch of rumours, all of which are of cosmetic changes with no functionality improvements.

If there are any others, link to them, but they haven't been repeated by any credible source.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/05/24/jony-ives-new-look-for-ios-7-black-white-and-flat-all-over/

Read THAT. Carefully. It mentions how much certain apps like Weather have been transformed. IMO That could mean Functionality.

blitzer09x87
May 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Agreed and the ability to customize the lock screen

yep, a new lock screen is a must, i've been waiting for a new lock screen since two years, i hope that with a new design apple also introduces a new lock screen.

The Phazer
May 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
http://9to5mac.com/2013/05/24/jony-ives-new-look-for-ios-7-black-white-and-flat-all-over/

Read THAT. Carefully. It mentions how much certain apps like Weather have been transformed. IMO That could mean Functionality.

Nope, that sounds like entirely cosmetic changes to me. Certainly not "transformed".

Indeed, that whole article reads like fiddling while Rome burns.

cube
May 27, 2013, 01:24 PM
Real multitasking

JW27
May 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
better music and notes app!:)

What do you mean by better music? :apple:

KieranDotW
Jun 2, 2013, 12:11 PM
Nfc
REAL multitasking
Quick toggles in the notification bar
Easier way to turn on hot spot
Ability to install files directly without iTunes

It's 2013 apple, time to catch up.

NFC is a hardware feature, don't expect it in iOS software (the subject of this thread).

thehustleman
Jun 2, 2013, 02:11 PM
NFC is a hardware feature, don't expect it in iOS software (the subject of this thread).

True, my mistake, I got what should be on the next iphone crossed up

derbyshire2013
Jun 2, 2013, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see the ability to reserve tables in the UK via Siri.

I'd not noticed until this evening that using Yelp! I can reserve a table at select restaurants via Opentable.

If I can do this using a third party app why leave it to certain locales i.e. the United States?

It does seem daft especially when asking Siri what he can do and in the list "Table for four in Chester" appears :rolleyes:

springsup
Jun 2, 2013, 06:26 PM
I think some kind of inter-app document access has to be high on everyone's list.

As a developer, I know that it would vastly expand the kinds of Apps I could build.

hovercast
Jun 3, 2013, 02:39 AM
All I want is the ability to add custom ringtones without having to sync with iTunes.
Come on apple it's 2013 let's get past the silly restrictions and move to the post PC era.

tdmd
Jun 3, 2013, 02:52 AM
one word: blacklist

to block spammers that ignore the do not call registry

robertosh
Jun 3, 2013, 02:59 AM
I want to see the upper bar (the bar with back button) to be in bottom, to fully control with one hand. It has more sense in the iPhone 5, due to its taller screen.

WeegieMac
Jun 3, 2013, 03:11 AM
BiteSMS style quick reply and quick settings toggles like NC Settings.

Skika
Jun 3, 2013, 08:28 AM
Guys... what is this REAL multitasking you speak off? Does that mean that apps run in the background for no reason but to chug the cpu? The LAZY way of implementing it?

Apple did a genius thing with solving multitasking, i wish they just add some more APIs to it.

Razeus
Jun 3, 2013, 09:30 AM
Siri needs to get out of beta.
Maps needs to work.
Default apps (at least for browser, email, maps, calender, and contacts)
Flickr, Youtube integration.
Deeper Facebook/Twitter integration (why can't I share a song I'm listening to in the Music.app?)
Deep integration with Dropbox
Better inter-app operations.
Files.app (like the Photos.app but for files)
Settings link in the notifications bar
Better notification system
User accounts on the iPad
Better use of space for notifications on the iPad
Kids mode
Ability to passlock any app

Oz.
Jun 4, 2013, 07:14 AM
sms delivery report

kirky29
Jun 4, 2013, 10:45 AM
Better multitasking
Default apps
A better lockscreen
Expose (or at least Auxo!)
Some cool keyboard typing enhancement
Unlock the grid of homescreen icons
Better top menu bar (maybe remove the carrier name or limit it to 2/3 letters)
Make folders open quicker - it seriously makes me feel like my iPhone is so slow!)
Search settings
Drag settings around or have some kinda quick settings
Airdrop / files app
Download manager
Quicker animations - sometimes going back through the tabs in apps takes ages...
Something like Flux so at night say 2am the screen changes colour slightly so it's less blinding!
I'm growing more and more to the idea of widgets!
Remove that hideous pinstripe background everywhere!
Panoramic wallpapers (and I guess animated wallpapers for some people)
MASSIVE overhaul of the photos app. Ratings, faces, organisation, all videos folder, enlarge thumbnails or make them smaller, rotate by pinching not by tapping edit then saving....share with app option
Option to make the mute button the rotation lock button like on the iPad
Make some siri commands work offline...like open camera
Hide apps from homescreen (I hate to say it....but some kinda app draw)
Gestures - I have my iPhone jailbroken and swiping with one finger to the next/previous app works flawlessly.. and one finger up from the bottom for the multitasking/auxo bar
Calendar yearly view for iPhone (I mean seriously...)
Change the look of those annoying blue popup boxes!
I guess some kinda quick reply to messages would be cool
Some kinda unified messages system... but with other apps
Airplay to Mac..... Not fully related, but somewhat is!
Updated homescreen animations for scrolling pages
Autoupdate apps (if wanted!)
Remember password for app store (if wanted!)
Maybe force all apps to have their settings in their own app, sometimes annoying having to open the settings app, scroll all the way to the bottom for the app and then changing the setting.
Update all their stock apps. In a big way.
Option to have the Spotlight search box on a page instead of its own page. I'd use it more then!
Wifi network preference, I have three different networks in my house/on my land, but I usually always want it to connect to a certain one, but it clings on to the other ones. Annoying!

Some things I want :)
I know I'm not gonna get all of them, probably not even 10 of them! iMessage is one of the big things keeping me with the iPhone - but that Galaxy with all that Touchwiz junk gone is looking better everyday :)

Tinmania
Jun 4, 2013, 10:57 AM

Read what? Artist conceptual drawings? You have got to be kidding if you are taking that as fact.

For example, the Calendar app could potentially have red buttons, while Messages could have green controls. While not exactly accurate, the above concept art for a “flat” iOS 7 Calendar provides a fair representation of how the aforementioned red theme could be implemented. The actual iOS 7 Calendar’s UI changes are not as ambitious as depicted in the above concept art.

Michael

bloutrein
Jun 4, 2013, 11:03 AM
:apple: Quick Access Settings (WiFi/Bluetooth) - I am on the go all the time, and these things being easier to access would save me so much hassle.

I completely agree.

Tinmania
Jun 4, 2013, 11:04 AM
Indeed, that whole article reads like fiddling while Rome burns...
While Tim apologizes. :D

Michael

TheRealCBONE
Jun 4, 2013, 10:04 PM
1. app drawer and a user adjustable home screen shamelessly stolen from android. I absolutely hate the look of having every app stuck on the home screen (tucking into folders is polishing a turd). make it an option if people want to keep their phones cluttered by default.

2. 1-press direct call/text/email/etc. any contact.

3. Steal intents from Android. Tout it as magical iOS7 duper integration or something, just get it. It's stupid that you can only share through Apple's chosen "integrated" apps. That's not nearly agile enough to keep pace with the changes of social media and what's hot or workarounds for what's lame and busted.

4. A better keyboard. The fact that people are used to it sucking doesn't make it suck less.

CosmoPilot
Jun 4, 2013, 10:28 PM
Is it to much to ask to add a song to a playlist while listening to it?

How about creating contact groups?

More customization for alerts? I'm so tired of the 6 or 7 alert options. If I want alerted 2 hrs & 10 minutes before an event, I should be able to.

Finally, notification center that shows all my events for the day in chronological order, not based on alerts and other random criteria. Speaking of which, is it too much to be able to view reminders in chronological order?

These are my simple but frustrating wishes.

charlituna
Jun 8, 2013, 09:35 PM
Of the things mentioned in the link I've been sig'n for a few days my big ones would be

Uniform delete/edit/share
Plug in support / DLC for additional content (iOS and apps)
Break up universal apps to a pairing of iPhone and iPad apps
'In the cloud' viewing in all media apps including iBooks without separate purchased lists, no one getting dumped out of store when buying stuff and ability to stream rather than download AV content with picking of quality on the fly for video. Quick toggle to hide non local content and integration of home sharing would be nice also.

charlituna
Jun 8, 2013, 09:49 PM
. Apple is going to work to improve it's default apps, and I have read that the a lot of the stock apps are being redesigned, and Weather will have an "animated" effect for things such as rain, and it should look similar to the Yahoo! weather app in the AppStore.

Sorry but I have to side with the folks that say to dump some of the native apps. Stocks, weather etc were great to have when there was no App Store but there are much much better options now for those that really need an app. So ditch them and let folks pick what they want for those things.

Honestly the only apps I feel like are must haves at this point are safari, mail, contacts, App Store, iTunes Store, music, video, photos, camera, FaceTime. Messages, (and phone). Game Center, passbook and newsstand could be hidden until you download an app that uses one of them and then be offered up as DLC

5kylar
Jun 9, 2013, 09:40 AM
Guys... what is this REAL multitasking you speak off? Does that mean that apps run in the background for no reason but to chug the cpu? The LAZY way of implementing it?

Apple did a genius thing with solving multitasking, i wish they just add some more APIs to it.

Thank you! I agree 100% what Apple came up with was genius. What's the point of having everything actually running when switching apps is just as fast anyways. The speed gained from overall free memory is worth the half a second difference between "real" multitasking and Apple's version.

Claefer
Jun 9, 2013, 12:31 PM
1. Font Book
2. Expose
3. Quick e-mail/iMessage replies

charlituna
Jun 9, 2013, 12:51 PM
What updates do you want to see or do you think that are necessary to come in this?:eek::apple:

This is something of an invalid question in my mind because everyone is different and many of the folks here will be of the opinion that everything is 'necessary' as we are geeks for the most part and many, if not all, geeks believe that Apple should cater to our needs and wishes and let us muck around all over the OSes without limits etc.

So if you want to get responses that aren't basically very jailbreak tweet and android trick you might need to clarify the audience you are defining 'necessary' for.

As I see it Apple sees the geeks as a vastly small minority and for their audience the only necessary is ease of use and stability.

----------

:apple: Yahoo! integration - Yahoo weather is amazing. - I think Apple and Yahoo! have something in the works. By Google + iPhone. Hello Yahoo! + iPhone

I disagree with this one. I want less integration of other services in the OS of this nature. I would rather no built in weather app and I'll decide if I want yahoo weather, haze etc. same with stocks, calculator etc.

The only integration I want is to be able to log in as appropriate to all social sites and not have Apple deciding that only Facebook, twitter etc are important. Perhaps they could do this by opening up iOS and Mac OS to plug in support so the sites can create a little DLC (not unlike how windows users can download an iCloud control panel) for those places we want to connect to. Include Facebook and twitter in this so those of us that don't do them can not have that clutter in our settings, which might be perhaps a simple 'social' or 'connections' item with the DLCs inside.

/V\acpower
Jun 9, 2013, 03:32 PM
It's not really a "feature" for iOS 7 but really a feature that is linked to it.

Basically, some thing i'd like to see Apple do is adding a way for developers to "link" apps purchases together in the iOS App Store and the Mac App Store. I mean, make it possible to buy an iOS version of an App and having instantly access on the Mac version of it on the same account. Of course, only if the app publisher wants it.

And I think Apple should move in this direction, in a way to add even more to the synergy between iOS devices and Macs. Basically, lets say you buy an iPad and you buy Pages, Numbers and Keynote. If you eventually need a new computer, you may consider a Mac even more knowing that you already own some apps for it.

Of course, it can work in reverse. You have a Mac with iPhoto, iMovie, and iWork apps, you know that if you buy an iPhone you will already have access to these apps for free.

I feel that it could be a good strategy to move more peoples to the "All Apple" ecosystem.

And also, developpers should have a way of at least giving a "rebate" on an App if you bought the same on the other platform. For example you buy 1Password for iOS at 10$, you get 10$ rebate if you decide to buy the more expensive version on the Mac App Store.

I just feel that it make sense, especially for Apple, to link the app purchases this way.

ionjohn
Jun 9, 2013, 03:35 PM
Real multitasking
Better battery life

thehustleman
Jun 9, 2013, 04:29 PM

It means apps are open, running on minimum resources while main resources are used for what's on the screen at that moment.

It means when your switch to an app, it's already open without loading and you can pick up where you left off.

Apple botched multitasking

AHDuke99
Jun 9, 2013, 04:57 PM
Quick reply to texts would be nice, but I don't see that happening.

I hope and expect they will finally update the default apps that literally haven't been touched since 2007. Notes, Weather, stocks, calendar, etc....

Allowing default mail and browsers would also be nice, but again, I don't see Apple allowing that, as it would eat into their mobile browsing dominance, since iPhone users make up such a huge portion of them.

Cook did say they would begin giving people more freedom, so maybe there's a chance. I know whatever comes out tomorrow, we will be disappointed... it's bound to happen. :P

----------

Real multitasking
Better battery life

Each of these things will have an inverse effect on the other.

notrack
Jun 9, 2013, 05:01 PM
It's a music app, it's not supposed to draw attention to itself or entertain people. What's wrong with it?

You can't sort songs and can't sort or rename lists. To me, the best way to listen to my songs is to just play my recent purchases. But they are listed oldest on top, meaning my latest purchase is last in line. It would be much more logical if the newest would be on top. And please keep the album sort order, even iTunes on Mac can't do that.

And then there is more basics missing like handling documents etc...