PDA

View Full Version : UK advert for Dyno label maker...

PCMacUser
Oct 31, 2005, 04:45 PM
Heh just saw an interesting advert for dyno label makers here in the UK. It was for a model that connects to your 'PC or Mac' and prints sticky labels. They had a cinema display set up on a desk, with an apple keyboard and mouse, but when they zoomed in on the screen it showed... Windows! Haha... thought it was funny. I guess PC hardware just doesn't look as good on TV. That seems to be the theory in Hollywood too :)

robbieduncan
Oct 31, 2005, 04:51 PM
Seen it and noticed that. At least the advert claims Mac compatibility. Not usual in the UK for that to be mentioned on a mainstream TV advert!

dops7107
Oct 31, 2005, 04:52 PM
Heh just saw an interesting advert for dyno label makers here in the UK. It was for a model that connects to your 'PC or Mac' and prints sticky labels. They had a cinema display set up on a desk, with an apple keyboard and mouse, but when they zoomed in on the screen it showed... Windows! Haha... thought it was funny. I guess PC hardware just doesn't look as good on TV. That seems to be the theory in Hollywood too :)

heh yeah, I saw that too. Ever notice how Spooks prominently display Macs? They have a whole suite of ACDs... drool.

Jaffa Cake
Oct 31, 2005, 04:52 PM
I know the ad you mean (in fact, I mentioned it in this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=158516) thread), but I'm sure it was a non-Apple display the girl was using? I might be wrong though. But was certainly an Apple mouse and keyboard, and it was certainly a Windows app she was using...

dcv
Oct 31, 2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah I know the one... and I'm with Jaffa Cake on this one. Saw it the other day - I don't recall seeing an ACD but I did spot the Apple keyboard/mouse!

EDIT: *whoa... spooky!*
It's on UKTV Gold right now!!! Definitely not an ACD, just a silver monitor with MS Word for Windows on it.

Jaffa Cake
Oct 31, 2005, 04:59 PM
EDIT: *whoa... spooky!*
It's on UKTV Gold right now!!! Definitely not an ACD, just a silver monitor with MS Word for Windows on it.See, some of those PC-users may mock our single button mouse, but secretly they crave it's elegant simplicity... :D ;)

PCMacUser
Oct 31, 2005, 05:12 PM
I know the ad you mean (in fact, I mentioned it in this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=158516) thread), but I'm sure it was a non-Apple display the girl was using? I might be wrong though. But was certainly an Apple mouse and keyboard, and it was certainly a Windows app she was using...
Ah, my mistake about the screen - I guess the shock of seeing the keyboard and mouse and windows xp threw my vision for a minute ;)

PCMacUser
Oct 31, 2005, 05:12 PM
See, some of those PC-users may mock our single button mouse, but secretly they crave it's elegant simplicity... :D ;)
Hahah as a pc user I can't say I crave the single button mouse... but the mighty mouse...well you've got something there :p

Dagless
Oct 31, 2005, 05:16 PM
Seen it and noticed that. At least the advert claims Mac compatibility. Not usual in the UK for that to be mentioned on a mainstream TV advert!

Times are a changing.

PCMacUser
Oct 31, 2005, 05:18 PM
Times are a changing.
Yep, and the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind. ;)