Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tanndelrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
This is the situation: i am talking about an iPad 2, a friend of mine got notification that he can update the firmware from 5.0.3 (not sure) to
6.1.3. Everything went fine with the downloading, and after the instalation started the iPad is asking to connect it to iTunes so he can
restore, but it warns that all the data on the iPad will be lost. The owner of the tablet has picture on it and he want's to keep them
but the tablet wont boot to iOS, it want's to be connected to iTues. I am going to visit him in few days and try to connect the iPad to PC
to check if the internal memory will appear as a digital camera so i can save the pictures. If that doesen't work, what will be the solution? :)

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
If he has a Mac then I think you can use the Photo Import app (can't remember the actual name but it always pops up when I plug in my iPhone with pics in camera roll) to save the pictures.
Also I believe it'll show up as a storage drive if you plug it into Windows, with access to the pictures.
You could also try making a backup from iTunes, although if it won't boot that may be a problem.

So try those options first, this is why I always upload all my photos to DropBox, so they don't take up space on my device and so I can't lose them if I lose the device :D

EDIT: The OSX app seems to be called Image Capture. There ya go.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
The goal would be to try to backup to iTunes prior to restoring. Or to connect it to a computer and manually access the folders that contain the pictures and copy them over to a folder on the computer. Keep us posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.