Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wondering how people take advantage of "Hot Corners" in their daily use on their mac. I also would like to know how to fully take advantage of "mission control", a feature I do not use very much, and maybe because I am unfamiliar with it. Anyone care to share some daily uses on using mission control, and how it benefits your daily use on mac? Thanks

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Well mission control is a nice feature mostly for laptop users.
I use it a lot to arrange my desktops or to move between apps.

about hot corners - i only use the top right to take me to the desktop.

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
"Hot corners" make the work on the iMac a lot smoother. Besides using the Trackpad, those corners ease my daily work a lot. I use all corners for different tasks (Launchpad, Mission Control, Notification Center...)

Try out some patterns you would like to use, and find the one that fits most your way of work.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
When you've got big monitors, hot corners are too far away!

Mission Control I find very useful to move between one app's window and another's. I actually find the app grouping option to be more helpful than a big random collage of windows.
I used to use Spaces (sorry, Desktops) for different apps, but now I've got two monitors, I can't cope with that much space!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.