Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey323

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Hello,

I have a Late 2009 white unibody MacBook 2.26Ghz.

I bought this laptop from eBay with no history of it at all other then knowing it wasn't able to turn it ON/get power.

With a good working charger this is all that happens.

I Plug the charger to the MacBook the MagSafe light turns Green for a few seconds then Orange as if it's charging it, I press the power button and the light turns Green but still no power to the MacBook, then after about 5-8secs later the MagSafe light turns back to Orange

So far I've tried a good working apple charger, removed the ram placed good working ram, Removed the battery pressed power button for 5secs placed battery back in, reset SMC...still noting. Also tried removing the battery and plugged in the adapter and turning on the laptop without the battery...still noting.

As far as I can tell it seems like the power button it working right and the battery is good bc it's being charged? Am I correct with this? Don't want to waste money buying a top case/battery if they are working.

Any suggestions on what I can do other then replacing the logic board? I'm good with repair work on electronics just never had to deal wirh a problem like this. Any ideas what to look for or what to repair?

Thank you

UPDATE:

I found a similar post that was almost like mine and it solved my issue. Now this MacBook powers ON an shows video. This is what I did, removed bottom case, removed battery, disconnected keyboard ribbon and disconnected trackpad ribbon, used a jumper wire to jump the 2 pads near the keyboard connector and the MB powered right up. Link is posted below hope it helps.

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...l+display+green+adapter+light-orange+charging

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.