PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow?

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 04:01 AM
I just came in possession of a PowerBook 500, but it doesn't have a charger... Can someone please let me borrow theirs to see if this thing works? I'll pay for shipping :D...

seveej
May 27, 2013, 10:20 AM
I'm not intending to nitpick, but technically the PowerBook 5XX -series is not a PowerPC.
If you get no answers here, you could try the Apple collectors -subforum: http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

RGDS,

Lil Chillbil
May 27, 2013, 12:26 PM
I just came in possession of a PowerBook 500, but it doesn't have a charger... Can someone please let me borrow theirs to see if this thing works? I'll pay for shipping :D...

I live in cali and have one, but you would have to buy it off me

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 03:29 PM
I'm not intending to nitpick, but technically the PowerBook 5XX -series is not a PowerPC.
If you get no answers here, you could try the Apple collectors -subforum: http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

RGDS,

Oh... Ok... I just re-wrote in there... Thanks!!

I live in cali and have one, but you would have to buy it off me

That's what I'm trying to avoid... I don't wanna purchase a $60+ charger and then it turns out that this machine doesn't work... Thank you anyways...

Jessica Lares
May 27, 2013, 03:45 PM
It'll only cost you no less than $30. I can't find any listed on eBay though.

You want the M1910 or M1893 model.

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 03:50 PM
It'll only cost you no less than $30. I can't find any listed on eBay though.

You want the M1910 or M1893 model.

Thank you for the reply, but that's what I want to avoid.... Like I mentioned earlier to Lil Chillbil, I don't wanna spend money on a charger and then finding out that this machine doesn't work..

GermanyChris
May 27, 2013, 04:34 PM
Thank you for the reply, but that's what I want to avoid.... Like I mentioned earlier to Lil Chillbil, I don't wanna spend money on a charger and then finding out that this machine doesn't work..

Why don't you mail it to one of the folks here?

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
Why don't you mail it to one of the folks here?

That's a good idea..

Or even better, maybe someone local here in LA would like to meet up for a few minutes to test it out?? There's a free coffee in it for you.... :D (or whatever beverage you prefer at a starbucks)

GermanyChris
May 27, 2013, 04:41 PM
That's a good idea..

Or even better, maybe someone local here in LA would like to meet up for a few minutes to test it out?? There's a free coffee in it for you.... :D (or whatever beverage you prefer at a starbucks)

LOL While the smog of LA is appealing I'll stick to southern Germany not SOCAL:D

Zmanbaseball2
May 27, 2013, 04:43 PM
AC Adapter Power Supply Charger for Apple MAC PowerBook iBook G4 A1021 65W, Replacement Laptop AC Adapter
http://amzn.com/B003NEBD42
Would this work?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 05:52 PM
LOL While the smog of LA is appealing I'll stick to southern Germany not SOCAL:D

Breathing in all that smogless air is sooo over-rated... There's nothing like having to cough up a lung every time you inhale... LOL

skateny
May 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
You might consider purchasing it from a vendor with a return policy that suits your situation.

Those adapters were always expensive. My first Mac was a 520c PowerBook. Loved that machine. Got it at a $1,000 discount from a reseller in Cali at the end of its run. Maxed out RAM, added a card cage and flew like the wind on the early 'Net.

Dopeyman
May 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
You might consider purchasing it from a vendor with a return policy that suits your situation.

Those adapters were always expensive. My first Mac was a 520c PowerBook. Loved that machine. Got it at a $1,000 discount from a reseller in Cali at the end of its run. Maxed out RAM, added a card cage and flew like the wind on the early 'Net.

That's a good idea. I just did that. Got one for $10 on eBay.

Hopefully this machine works so that I can sell it. If not, I think I can still sell it as parts.