PDA

View Full Version : Officially Bitter.......

jliechty
Oct 31, 2005, 09:07 PM
k so, ordered my Stock 20" iMac earlier this month the second the store was up after the "One more thing announcement"...it finally arrives today.

Go to do a clean install, when what to my surprise, Disc 1 gets stuck on when ejecting, and just goes back in....won't come out after multiple eject attempts.........set up a chat w/ an online apple tech, find out I have to drive it into the Apple Store in half an hour or so to get it "serviced" They better just swap it out for me....I don't want it serviced...if it's broken out of the box, what else besides the drive is messed up....

Anyway, totally bummed, there goes my evening of fun......

ksz
Oct 31, 2005, 09:10 PM
I can understand being disappointed, but you shouldn't be bitter. Apple will resolve the problem for you.

Chrispy
Oct 31, 2005, 09:33 PM
I may have to send mine back becuase of screen bleeding so I feel your pain.

mcarnes
Nov 1, 2005, 12:29 AM
My iBook combo drive was giving me trouble ejecting discs. I gave it a fonzie whack on the side and it's working like a charm now. Don't know if you should try that though. Are you cool enough? :p

mac-er
Nov 1, 2005, 12:33 AM
Why would you do a clean install on a brand new machine? :confused:

Well, look at the bright side, at least you discovered the problem now instead of a few weeks into it when you had a lot of stuff on there.

Deepdale
Nov 1, 2005, 12:57 AM
My iBook combo drive was giving me trouble ejecting discs. I gave it a fonzie whack on the side and it's working like a charm now.

When all the thoughtful remedies fail, there is always the Fonzie whack ... sometimes a return to the basics can prove to be the best medicine. :)

Josh396
Nov 1, 2005, 01:12 AM
Why would you do a clean install on a brand new machine? :confused:

Well, look at the bright side, at least you discovered the problem now instead of a few weeks into it when you had a lot of stuff on there.
Yeah I agree with both comments. Hope all goes well.

mcarnes
Nov 1, 2005, 02:53 AM
I do clean installs on new machines to get rid of all the fluff I don't use like foreign languages and some extra apps.

Abstract
Nov 1, 2005, 06:33 AM
When all the thoughtful remedies fail, there is always the Fonzie whack ... sometimes a return to the basics can prove to be the best medicine. :)

Very true. A good smack works wonders sometimes, but never give your PB the "People's Elbow." It won't be pretty with that aluminium.

BWhaler
Nov 1, 2005, 07:33 AM
Don't be bitter, just upset.

I have to return my new 17" PB, so I know the disappointment. But at least it will get fixed.

wdlove
Nov 1, 2005, 11:20 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that you have had this problem. Like others at least it occurred early. It will just be temporary disappointment until you really start using that awesome Mac.

freeny
Nov 1, 2005, 11:50 AM
I do clean installs on new machines to get rid of all the fluff I don't use like foreign languages and some extra apps.

I do the same. alot of crap I personally dont use comes bundled on a new mac. like garage band, its 2 gigs plus alone. save myself 5 to 6 gigs of space by doing this.

savar
Nov 1, 2005, 12:35 PM

How does the saying go?

Driving a thumbtack with a sledgehammer?