PDA

View Full Version : Longtime Lurker, First Time Poster

MysticCow
May 27, 2013, 06:29 PM
And I thank you for all of the information I keep getting on PowerPC. You've kept my two old iMac G3's, one G4 Digital Audio, and one dual 1.8 GHz G5 kicking.

eyoungren
May 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
And I thank you for all of the information I keep getting on PowerPC. You've kept my two old iMac G3's, one G4 Digital Audio, and one dual 1.8 GHz G5 kicking.
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad we've been able to help. Hopefully we can continue to do so.

Lil Chillbil
May 27, 2013, 09:28 PM

Welcome mystic cow, I like your username, very creative

Imixmuan
May 27, 2013, 09:50 PM
....and, what do you use your PPC macs for in 2013?

....and, around these parts we love pics, so if you can, post pics of your setup(s). There is nothing quite as hot as a dual G5 1.8 ghz (literally).

MysticCow
May 28, 2013, 04:40 PM
....and, what do you use your PPC macs for in 2013?

....and, around these parts we love pics, so if you can, post pics of your setup(s). There is nothing quite as hot as a dual G5 1.8 ghz (literally).

My G4 and one of the iMac G3's are used at work. They have my rosters for attendance and my iTunes library there. The G5, aside from being my winter heater, is used mainly at home when I want to do some old games or do some work in Word.

tigerintank
Jun 16, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hi, Also new here!

Use my iMac G5 in a limited way right now, due to a leg injury.

Use it just to play music/music video via a usb DAC and into a stereo amp/speakers. Sounds great :)

Hope to get back to using it more later. Just using my macbook for everything else right now.

jbarley
Jun 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
Hi, Also new here!

Use it just to play music/music video via a usb DAC and into a stereo amp/speakers. Sounds great :)

Hope to get back to using it more later. Just using my macbook for everything else right now.

Welcome to the forum, read, contribute, enjoy and get well...

Wildy
Jun 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi, Also new here!

Which DAC are you using? I'm in the market for one at the moment...

tigerintank
Jun 18, 2013, 01:31 PM
i'm using an audiolab mdac.

Has useful functionality in that it has a remote that controls the basic VLC functions - play/pause, skip fwd/back and the DAC itself has a digital volume control.

tigerintank
Jun 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the forum, read, contribute, enjoy and get well...

missed this before jbarley sorry - appreciate the thought - thanks :)