PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast [combining documents into single PDF]

BoxerGT2.5
May 28, 2013, 09:52 PM
Scanned a bunch of documents on a SD card and need to send them as a single PDF via email. What is the easiest and least costly method of doing so? Sorry, this is probably a basic thing but can't figure it out.

simsaladimbamba
May 28, 2013, 09:55 PM
Easily combine images into a single document (http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20090119162659107)

BoxerGT2.5
May 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
It's about 38 pages, how do I string them into a single doc?

simsaladimbamba
May 28, 2013, 10:19 PM
It's about 38 pages, how do I string them into a single doc?

Does the method I linked to, selecting all images in Finder and opening them in Preview, then selecting all images in Preview in the sidebar and printing to one PDF not work?
Or do you mean to only have ONE PAGE with the words "one doc", as I understand "doc" to be short for document, and one document can have multiple pages?

BoxerGT2.5
May 28, 2013, 10:33 PM
Does the method I linked to, selecting all images in Finder and opening them in Preview, then selecting all images in Preview in the sidebar and printing to one PDF not work?
Or do you mean to only have ONE PAGE with the words "one doc", as I understand "doc" to be short for document, and one document can have multiple pages?

OK that worked, now how do I compress it to send via email?

simsaladimbamba
May 28, 2013, 10:34 PM
OK that worked, now how do I compress it to send via email?

In Finder right click on resulting PDF and select "Compress ..." to get a compressed ZIP file.

BoxerGT2.5
May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM
perfect thanks

benwiggy
May 29, 2013, 02:41 AM
Scanned a bunch of documents on a SD card
Not entirely sure of your workflow, but it's worth pointing out that Apple's Image Capture application can put successive images from a scanner into one PDF document.