PDA

View Full Version : Garageband - is there any fix for this?

aliensporebomb
May 28, 2013, 10:53 PM
Any time I launch a new session in Garageband it does the following:

-Enables the internal mic on my iMac.
-Auto-Enables the first audio track available.

This causes a horrifying burst of feedback.

I've check system preferences and my Mac is defaulting to NOT using the bloody internal mic so it must be a garage band thing. I have three audio interfaces hooked to my Mac and instead of using one of those (all various line level interfaces) it always autoselects the damned internal mic and auto-enables the track. Infuriating!

Is there any system level edit I can do in the terminal to insure Garageband NEVER does this again?

God is it annoying! It's even more annoying to the people I share my house with.

fixed1t
Jun 19, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hi there are a number of quirks.

I find the best thing to do is to create a default dummy song with everything turned down or off and then save it. Then when garageband prompts you to do a new or open another open your default dummy. Then all will be silence until you crank up the volume, crank up the volume as the song goes.

If you've ever wanted to take your Mac Garageband songs with you on your iPhone or iPod and work on them on the move, then put the results back on the mac, check out my video(s) on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Sx-VvUJRI

Cheers fixed1t

Sackvillenb
Jun 27, 2013, 05:52 PM
Check the Garageband preferences themselves.

My Garageband usually does remember the external interface... I usually don't have to re-specify my settings for that.