PDA

View Full Version : Evidence apple is pushing a 'flat' design

smoge
May 29, 2013, 08:21 AM
The apple support downloads page old (left) vs new (right), take note of the headers at the top of the page.

HeezyBear
May 29, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm on the exact page right now and the header looks the same as the first picture.

omenatarhuri
May 29, 2013, 10:09 AM
I'm on the exact page right now and the header looks the same as the first picture.
I quite like the one on the left. Not all gradients/shades etc. are evil.

Simplicated
May 29, 2013, 10:20 AM
Now any loading error gets to be interpreted as evidence that Apple is going flat. :rolleyes:

Sirious
May 29, 2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry to spoil your fun, but those images are fake or you've just caught a bug in the header.

Both images display exactly the same content. There's even iTunes 11.0.3 on the "old" one. :rolleyes:

However, if I am wrong, I will gladly admit to it. :p

pwfletcher
May 29, 2013, 04:27 PM
I prefer flat ... although, true 3D would be nice too ;-)

MarcBook
May 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah, that's quite clearly an error in the rendering of that page. Why else would all the top navigation buttons be gone?

watchthisspace
May 29, 2013, 08:09 PM
If you want some form of evidence that Apple is going for a 'flat' design. Open up the weather app on iOS 6.

SamGabbay
May 29, 2013, 10:30 PM
If you want some form of evidence that Apple is going for a 'flat' design. Open up the weather app on iOS 6.

Quote of the night

MigsVuitton
May 29, 2013, 11:17 PM
Looks like the CSS didn't load

MacReloaded
May 30, 2013, 03:29 AM
That's not new. I've seen it a few times in the past few years.

watchthisspace
May 30, 2013, 06:07 AM
That's not new. I've seen it a few times in the past few years.

Good thing I didn't say it was new. :)

http://www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/IMG_1888.png

Slowly Apple have dropped the gloss, made the borders thinner.

And currently we have:

http://i.imgur.com/hMSbFqz.png

A sharper font.

Now of course no one really knows what Ive has in store and the subtle change in the weather app may mean nothing, but this could serve as a hint of the type 'flat' interface iOS will shift to.

If you look at the OSX, it's design changes were subtle and gradual. Nothing like Windows 7 to Windows 8. Could iOS follow suit? Possibly!

beaniemyman
May 30, 2013, 01:09 PM
well, i don't see any changes on my computer.
i think those pics are fake.

MacReloaded
May 30, 2013, 02:58 PM
Good thing I didn't say it was new. :)

Slowly Apple have dropped the gloss, made the borders thinner.

And currently we have:

A sharper font.

Now of course no one really knows what Ive has in store and the subtle change in the weather app may mean nothing, but this could serve as a hint of the type 'flat' interface iOS will shift to.

If you look at the OSX, it's design changes were subtle and gradual. Nothing like Windows 7 to Windows 8. Could iOS follow suit? Possibly!

Not sure why you are quoting me and telling me all of this when I was replying to OP.

watchthisspace
May 30, 2013, 06:33 PM
Not sure why you are quoting me and telling me all of this when I was replying to OP.

My mistake. :o