PDA

View Full Version : Apps managing workflow of roof construction/repair?

FloatingBones
May 29, 2013, 02:39 PM
I have a friend who's interested in automating management of his small roof construction business; I thought an iPad would be the natural platform for that. What recommendations do people have? Here are some needs:

1. Ability to photograph sections of a roof, annotate the photograph with its section on the roof, and upload/send copies of those images to the customer.

2. Ability to automate orders to local hardware stores.

3. Tools to manage estimates and manage punch lists.

A general construction management app would probably be overkill, but if it's easy to only use a subset of the app, that would be fine.

Also, what accessories would one recommend for use on the road and in the field? TIA.

Smeaton1724
May 30, 2013, 09:26 AM
1. Notability?

2. Use the browser?

3. Numbers and or pages?

Goodreader - Access cloud folders and various dropboxes. Support for PDF completion and storage as well as email.

I have a friend who's interested in automating management of his small roof construction business; I thought an iPad would be the natural platform for that. What recommendations do people have? Here are some needs:

1. Ability to photograph sections of a roof, annotate the photograph with its section on the roof, and upload/send copies of those images to the customer.

2. Ability to automate orders to local hardware stores.

3. Tools to manage estimates and manage punch lists.

A general construction management app would probably be overkill, but if it's easy to only use a subset of the app, that would be fine.

Also, what accessories would one recommend for use on the road and in the field? TIA.