PDA

View Full Version : Case for ibook

wiggy4ever
Nov 1, 2005, 09:01 AM
What case/protector should i buy for my new ibook?
Thnx Robert

Dandaman
Nov 1, 2005, 09:45 AM
Try this thread, lots of information:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=79073

When I had a 12" ibook, i used an incase bag and had a crumpler sleeve. I liked using the incase bag. It held the ibook very snug and wasn't too big to lug around.

I guess it depends on what you want the bag to do for you (max protection vs. light and easy to carry around) and how much you want to pay (you can get some nice bags for lots of $$$).

For my 15" powerbook, i have a crumpler considerable embarrassment bag and a tuscano second skin as a sleeve. I like both.

Hope that helps.

daniel

VanMac
Nov 1, 2005, 01:29 PM
I have a booq vyper for my 12" iBook. It's pretty decent.

Josh
Nov 1, 2005, 02:48 PM
I just sold my 14" iBook and now have a VERY new Booq 14" Power Sleeve that I could sell.

Link: http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=67

It was an awesome bag when I had my iBook, but I don't have a use for it anymore.

I could part with it for $40 shipped.

wnameth
Nov 1, 2005, 03:32 PM
i currently use a SportFolio II (black) for my 12" ibook, it is a beautiful and really sturdy case. Look it up!

Dandaman
Nov 1, 2005, 04:30 PM
actually, i got my incase bag just lying around too. if you (or anyone else) wants it for ~$40 (obo)?

daniel

wiggy4ever
Nov 2, 2005, 12:41 AM
Dandaman, can i see a picture of it please

ctsport1234
Nov 2, 2005, 02:16 AM
I really like my STM case. I use it in conjunction with my crumpler bag. Iam very pleased thus far. :D

Dandaman
Nov 2, 2005, 09:25 AM
Dandaman, can i see a picture of it please

sure, but i'm at work right now. i'll get pictures up tonight.

daniel

Dandaman
Nov 3, 2005, 10:49 PM
here are the pictures (sorry they're a day late):

Dandaman
Nov 3, 2005, 10:50 PM

Clix Pix
Nov 3, 2005, 11:37 PM
For my 15" powerbook, i have a crumpler considerable embarrassment bag and a tuscano second skin as a sleeve. I like both.

Question for you: does the 15" PB fit comfortably into the Considerable Embarrassment bag's laptop section, either with or without the sleeve? I just received the CE today and was annoyed to find that my 15" PB does NOT fit into that bag's laptop section, period, never mind with with a sleeve. Yours does? Then something is wrong here..... I am very frustrated wth Crumpler right now.

OTB

Dandaman
Nov 4, 2005, 01:44 AM
Question for you: does the 15" PB fit comfortably into the Considerable Embarrassment bag's laptop section, either with or without the sleeve? I just received the CE today and was annoyed to find that my 15" PB does NOT fit into that bag's laptop section, period, never mind with with a sleeve. Yours does? Then something is wrong here..... I am very frustrated wth Crumpler right now.

OTB

Yeah, i had the same problem when i first got it. I could only get the pb in when i had it perfectly parallel to the length of the bag. But after using it for about a month, carrying it to work, i can get the pb in pretty easily. It still won't fit with a sleeve though (not even close). Now that the computer gets in easier, I really like the bag. I first got a horseman, but that was WAY too big. I like the overall size of the CE. It's small enough to look like a normal bag, but big enough to fit the computer and other books easily.

Try using it a little longer. Maybe even slide the computer in when you're not using it. It may help stretch the padding.

daniel

Clix Pix
Nov 4, 2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, i had the same problem when i first got it. I could only get the pb in when i had it perfectly parallel to the length of the bag. But after using it for about a month, carrying it to work, i can get the pb in pretty easily. It still won't fit with a sleeve though (not even close). Now that the computer gets in easier, I really like the bag. I first got a horseman, but that was WAY too big. I like the overall size of the CE. It's small enough to look like a normal bag, but big enough to fit the computer and other books easily.

Try using it a little longer. Maybe even slide the computer in when you're not using it. It may help stretch the padding.

daniel

Thank you! Well, after much difficulty, I finally got the thing in -- partway. It still doesn't even go in all the way, so I'm taking a break. It really makes me nervous forcing my brand-new PB into this thing. If I can get it all the way in at least once that may help for the future, but I think I'll have to do a lot of stretching to make this bag really useable. It's too bad, because I like the bag, too, otherwise, and it is just the right size, not giving away a hint that there is an expensive PB or any laptop in it. I really hope that I can get the laptop compartment stretched sufficiently to do what I need so that I can keep this bag and happily use it.

OK, back to trying to get the PB all the way in there...

OTB